Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recommend me a BUDGET chorus, delay and reverb

What's Hot
Had to strip out the back end of one of my boards due to a house move (sold most of it on here!) and now looking to replace a few things on the cheap as the drive section etc is now sitting there unused.

I like spring reverb, tape delays and 80's chorus, recommendations? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    A Zoom MS70CDR will give you all of those in a single pedal and sounds really good. An MS50G with the latest firmware will give you all of the same sounds too. Both can be had for very little money.
  • Beexter said:
    A Zoom MS70CDR will give you all of those in a single pedal and sounds really good. An MS50G with the latest firmware will give you all of the same sounds too. Both can be had for very little money.
    Actually already have an MS50G, great pedal! Always in the gig bag but for he pedalboard I'll need three separate switches so if it does make it on (and it very well might!) it will only have one duty (I really like the CE-1 model on it)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Mooer - the blue chorus pedal is great.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    For reverb have a look at the Snake Bite by Caline. @moss swears by his Belcat delay
  • Keep your eyes peeled for a visual sound h2o or liquid chorus.

Or a dod fx65. Cheap and awesome. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Very clean, boxed Boss CE-3? PM if you're interested.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    What do you define as 'budget'? 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Line 6 m5
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I’ve got a Joyo analog delay and Danelectro cool cat chorus that came off my old pedalboard going spare, £40 delivered for the 2.
    edited November 2017
    Maynehead said:
    I’ve got a Joyo analog delay and Danelectro cool cat chorus that came off my old pedalboard going spare, £40 delivered for the 2.
    which dano cool cat chorus? there re two types

p..s. doubtful that Joyo is really an analogue delay
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 336
    Ro_S said:

It's Analog not analogue.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Keep your eyes peeled for a visual sound h2o or liquid chorus.

Or a dod fx65. Cheap and awesome. 

+1 for the h2o.     Not that many years ago that everyone seemed to rave about them and I’m sure there have been a couple of cheap ones advertised on here recently.  
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    For a delay check out the Marshall Echo-head EH1. Seriously under-rated, built like a tank, maximum delay time of 2000ms, stereo outputs, and a Tap Tempo delay input, 6 different delay types. Hi-Fi, Analogue, Tape Echo, Multi-tap, Reverse, Mod-filer. Can be picked up for around £40 used.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30897
    I have a Keeley SuperMod Workstation in the classifieds for 175 which can do all 3 things (2 delays too) plus all the other mods. It may work out cheaper than individuals plus you've more options.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Slimbert said:
    Ro_S said:

It's Analog not analogue.
    Whether you use British or American spelling, I doubt that pedal is analogous directly to an analogue delay.  Period/Full stop.

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited November 2017
    Ro_S said:
    Maynehead said:
    which dano cool cat chorus? there re two types

It’s this one:

http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/Cool-Cat-Series-CC-1-Chorus-Guitar-Effects-Pedal/482331000000000-00-500x500.jpg

As for the Joyo, I’m just telling you what the pedal’s name is, don’t know if it’s really analog or not, but it sounded good enough to have lived on my live board for a decent stint.

https://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/joyo-jf-33-analog-delay-673188.jpg

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    Have been checking out reverbs recently too, thought the Biyang RV10 Triverb demos make it seem really decent for about £30 if you just want a warm spring, room, hall. It's also stereo. 
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Line 6 m5
    Be my vote to
  • JD50 said:
    Line 6 m5
    Be my vote to
    Be my vote too too. £60 ish used, buy two if you need two effects simultaneously. Add a MIDI cable and you could sync modulation to delay times, or create pairs of effects that you could scroll through simultaneously.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Chorus wise, the TC Afterglow is really very good. As is the ibanez mini chorus. Not sure about budget delay and reverbs.