Zvex Double Rock (Handpainted) V RYRA Klon Klone

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
edited November 2017 in FX
 I've been agonising over which one I should move on, I can't decide . I love them both as they are extremely versatile and useable pedals. I'm really happy with my current drives boss OD-1 (light gain), Vick Audio Tree of Life (med gain) and a Rat Clone.

I love the 2x SHO circuits in the Double Rock, but tbh I'm not that in love with the od or distortion tones.

The RYRA lol! I love it as a clean boost and that's what I'd use it for, it's simply stunning, a leave and forget pedal. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited November 2017
    Sell me the RYRA - job done 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    is this a classified advert or a discussion thread?  it seems like the former
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No its not an ad, it's a genuine question cheers 
  • (Admin) Hi there, can you please delete this post. It was originally intended for the the FX section. 
  • (Admin) Hi there, can you please delete this post. It was originally intended for the the FX section. 
    You can change it yourself mate - top right hand corner - the little cog wheel
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited November 2017
    I guess the Mods moved it cos they thought it was thinly veiled classified ad - which it is (or was, before it was edited)

Does the detail of the DR/BOR-SHO being handpainted affect its sound or features?  If not, why is it relevant to your "question"?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• The handpainted ones are also hand made in the USA with premium components.
    The Vexter series screen printed ones are mass produced to a lower price point.
    They're supposed to sound the same, but, on some pedals they just don't.
    There are youtube comparisons on some other effects.
    To be honest, unless you back to back them you won't really notice.
    I have a hand painted DR and it is amazing. Into the clean/breakup side of the EVH 5150 and it is perfect.
    I wouldn't be selling it if I were you.
    It does require balancing of the gain/volume on the pedal and the amp to avoid overwhelming the input stage of the amp as this will colour the sound with amp overdrive - in my case the amp overdrive is very different to the DR, and I use the two exclusively.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom