Guitar made out of The 2 Pigs bar....

saw this story come up on my Facebook feed and just thought it was a great story..
Patrick James Eggle has made a guitar out of the wood from a bar top from a famous music venue in the Bristol area that closed down when the owner retired...The Two Pigs Bar... I like the inlays on the 12th fret of the 2 pigs....cool guitar

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/patrick-james-eggle-macon-jnr-two-pigs-limited-edition.htm
  • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    I like that and while not cheap, it's reasonably priced too for a limited run! 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7028
    tFB Trader
    Looks great but having made a couple of guitars from meranti, I wouldn't have thought it hard-wearing enough for a bar top?
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Tasty!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    edited November 2017
    Looks great but having made a couple of guitars from meranti, I wouldn't have thought it hard-wearing enough for a bar top?
      bar tops often get a thick hardwearing finish.  Meranti is cheap in the sizes needed

but yeah. It’s a soft and fuzzy wood often sold as a mahogany substitute because it looks a bit like it.  Makes a perfectly fine guitar but sounds noticeably different to the mahogany family.  It’s more zingy and airy.

its a good budget option.

its the story that makes this guitar valuable, not the wood itself.
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 966
    edited November 2017
    I don't know enough about wood species to comment ...but when it was tapped with all those glasses the tone must have been apparent :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited November 2017
    If you were a regular at the bar, and a guitar player, then it's not really out of bounds price wise, and certainly a good back story.

Plus Eggle makes incredible guitars, so I bet it's a cracker.

If the pub was the haunt for The Guitar Magazine editors, I can't believe one of those guys wouldn't snap this up? Unless they have their own made?