SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: FS: PRS 53/10 Pickups (price bump)

What's Hot
PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 98
edited November 2017 in Parts £
I have a set of PRS 53/10 pickups now surplus to requirements.

I bought these through the Vintage Rocker forum from a USA forum member. He removed them from a Private Stock, and shipped them over to me.

Cost me a small fortune which I don't expect to recoup, but these are rare and so I won't be giving them away.

They are hybrid pickups (nickel covers / gold poles) and can be tapped. I used them in my Ted DC 245 as they were more open / less-compressed than the 57/08s which came in that guitar. The guitar was returned to stock before being moved on, and I've finally managed to sit down and post these pups for sale.

The previous owner may have snipped the treble pickup wire(s) rather than de-solder as there wasn't a lot of slack to work with when they were installed in my Ted, but it was certainly do-able and I had no problems in the 18 months that I used that guitar and pickups. They were de-soldered by a tech when they were removed from my guitar.

I will post pictures, but it won't be a day or so (sorry, but I have a bit of time to post the ad).

Edit: See link to on-line album, below . . .

If you'd like photos e-mailing to you, drop me a PM with your e-mail address. I can also send you links to videos the guitar / pups in action (live - nothing fancy, just via an iPhone).

Due to use, the pups have expected levels of tarnishing but are otherwise in fine and fully operational condition.

Edit @ 19th Nov: Price is 225 GBP plus postage.

Also available for collection (10 minutes from J11 of the M56).

Thanks, questions welcome . . .
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments