Double Necks...

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Save yourself a fortune and get the Epiphone version - now out of production, They can be had for around £450 second hand. Seriously a lot of fun and definitely in the Gibson ball park for a lot less. You can always upgrade the pups and tuners as you go.EDIT: not that they really need replacing.
    You don't know me at all.

I'm all about paying that premium for high end quality when it comes to guitar 'now'.
    Eh? You said in your previous post that high end Guilds were out of your budget. Im deeply confused
    I feel that way with all his posts. Real brain scramblers.
     :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    Save yourself a fortune and get the Epiphone version - now out of production, They can be had for around £450 second hand. Seriously a lot of fun and definitely in the Gibson ball park for a lot less. You can always upgrade the pups and tuners as you go.EDIT: not that they really need replacing.
    You don't know me at all.

I'm all about paying that premium for high end quality when it comes to guitar 'now'.
    Its your money fella, i personally just dont see the point in shelling out £3k for a Gibson you 'might' play for two or three songs but hey thats just me....
    Because it should be a nice guitar?
    Or doesn't that matter anymore?

Of course, like any guitar, you'd have to want to play it on/love it first, before dropping that kind of dough/money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://reverb.com/uk/item/5609263-gibson-double-neck-eds-1275-1974-natural?gclid=Cj0KCQiArYDQBRDoARIsAMR8s_TQhWyYX2sFQImOEvt84DutL65BfpyA9Mxfbyf9brkNQJfX2kujzLUaArE3EALw_wcB&pla=1
    The fact that it's brown puts me off, but for that kind of money, it's going to have to feel like sex to play.
    I still want to go visit this guitar.
    If I play it and it sucks, I'm walking.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/5609263-gibson-double-neck-eds-1275-1974-natural?gclid=Cj0KCQiArYDQBRDoARIsAMR8s_TQhWyYX2sFQImOEvt84DutL65BfpyA9Mxfbyf9brkNQJfX2kujzLUaArE3EALw_wcB&pla=1
    The fact that it's brown puts me off, but for that kind of money, it's going to have to feel like sex to play.

If I played it and it sucked I'd buy it anyway, why waste the journey, I'd just stump up the 9k and see if maybe a new set of strings improved matters.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited November 2017
    If I go to play this guitar and it rocks Im walking anyway because 9k is not nearly premium enough for a virtuoso like me 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    underdog said:
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/5609263-gibson-double-neck-eds-1275-1974-natural?gclid=Cj0KCQiArYDQBRDoARIsAMR8s_TQhWyYX2sFQImOEvt84DutL65BfpyA9Mxfbyf9brkNQJfX2kujzLUaArE3EALw_wcB&pla=1

If I played it and it sucked I'd buy it anyway, why waste the journey, I'd just stump up the 9k and see if maybe a new set of strings improved matters.
    I'm thinking the pickups that I like to try and make it sound better... But you're thinking along the right lines. wink 
    But I wouldn't even make an offer on it if I played on it and it sucked, and I'd kick myself for wasting the trip.

I'd also offer £5k and go from there since it's open to offers if I wanted it, maybe even starting at £4.5k?
    (If I were shopping for it)...
    I am and I'm not.
    I'm jonesing for this other guitar that I want, but a nice guitar is a nice guitar.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You used to be indecisive, but we are not sure now..
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

Or, you go down the Chinese route... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You should push the boat out and get a Ken Lawrence:

Sure that would only be about £10K or so :)

• makes me want one.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Buy one then. 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    With the exception of the Ricky solution 12 string headstocks always look terrible IMHO
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980

makes me want one.
    Why would anyone play a double neck guitar in a recording studio? Live possibly.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited January 2018
    IDK who else has this guitar...

Uh Huh Huh, you talking' about me?

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bernie Marsden has one, he took it on his uk tour last year. Playing one neck with the selector set to the other, it sounds amazing!!
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited January 2018
    Rocker said:
    Why would anyone play a double neck guitar in a recording studio? Live possibly.....
    Er, you believe that a cable sounds different plugged one way round rather than the other, but you don't think a double-neck guitar might sound different from a single?

By the way, what is Elvis playing there - double neck guitar and SIX string bass? 
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    mart said:

By the way, what is Elvis playing there - double neck guitar and SIX string bass? 
    Playing.......he's holding the one they gave him for the publicity shot.......

FWIW, it looks like some Melody Maker hybrid.....probably a custom build for the King......uh huh huh.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Don't rubbish Melody Makers @SRich, they are decent guitars that are easy on the shoulder. My point about using a double neck in the studio @mart is the weight of the things. Fine if the first or second take is good but......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum