Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Coda Music - Wow!!

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Truly a jewel of a shop in every way.

Nice good news story, thanks for sharing.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had numerous positive dealings with Coda in the past. Last time was when I purchased my Cornell Romany Pro from them. 
    Bought an ex demo from them saving a fair chunk on the price of a new one but it had already sold. Because they hadn't updated their website they then offered me a new one at the same price as the demo. How many shops would do that? Above and beyond.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    Well worth a trip obviously. :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Yes,they are outstanding and a very pleasant bunch
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7132
    This is why good 'Bricks and Mortar' stores will survive for guitarists. Coda has been around for many years and for good reason.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Coda music is the best music store in my opinion 

great staff, @DougCoda ;has always been fair on deals and nice relaxed atmosphere 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

Wouldn't it be nice if all guitar shops were like that.

Denmark Street shops just moan at you about your zips and buttons on your jacket.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    edited November 2017
    I've said it so many times - Coda are the no.1 for me... Doug and the team have always really looked after me.

A long 3 hour drive from my home, but it still feels like my local.

During my last visit, I think it was the first time I haven't walked out with a box or case in my hand ! My Masterbuilt was from there...

Superb story and service this
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3612
    Wow, what a testimonial to outstanding service.

A lot of effort put in by Coda but I'm sure the effort will be repaid many times by dint of their reputation.

It's made me go and look at their site! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    I got my first guitar, which I still own and use, from Coda in Stevenage about 25 years ago.  I no longer live there but I am planning a purchase soon, so it sounds like I should go back there!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
    edited November 2017
    A few years back I purchased a Fender excelsior amp from these guys (that I have subsequently sold to my keyboardist). Great thing, although has always had an annoying rattle. It’s moments like this that despite the hassle and cost inefficiency of a drive back to Luton (when they had a store there) I should have let them know and sorted it then and there rather than ‘just live with it’ as I did. They’d have no doubt sorted it for me. You live and learn. 
  • I bought a guitar of them last month and dealt with Marc via email and telephone. I got such a good deal on the guitar. I asked for pictures and Marc took a few, there and then, and emailed them to me. I put a deposit on it and when I paid in full, the guitar was delivered the next day. Great service.
  • Ive bought 4 guitars from Coda and Ive never been to the shop! They are the only store I will buy from "unseen" as I've no worries regarding the service and integrity of Doug and the guys. Best shop ever. 
  • Been a long time, I lived in Luton in the late 80s and Coda was such a great place to go and drool.

Anyone remember John who used to work there then?

He was cool, he routed my Squier Strat for buckers in double quick time and dropped it around to mine on his way home.  He knew I was brassic but still always put whatever lefty guitar they had in my hands whenever I popped in (I remember a beautiful green Larrivee...).

Kindness, I've never forgotten.

Bought my first Les Paul Custom there too.  Good times, great people :)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2346
    edited November 2017
    That's awesome. D I've bought a few times from them online and found them to be very good indeed.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Wouldn't it be great if we could improve the image of this forum enough that the likes of Coda could be persuaded to come back as regular contributors?

I'd like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    Wouldn't it be great if we could improve the image of this forum enough that the likes of Coda could be persuaded to come back as regular contributors?

I'd like that.
    Yes.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    Coda are fantastic and quite simply are my first port of call when buying new.  Looking after customers and potential customers goes a long way to building loyalty and repeat custom
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    TTony said:

I'd like that.
    Yes.
    That would be great... so what needs to be done?

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:

I'd like that.
    Yes.
    That would be great... so what needs to be done?

Honestly? I think as a community we just need to be a bit more receptive. 

Easy to say, hard to do. I'm just as guilty of it as anyone