Automatic For The People....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 912
    edited November 10
    Also prefer Out Of Time slightly but the Out Of Time - Automatic duo is arguably one of those incredible moments in a band's career that only a select few other artists achieve - two near-perfect albums in a row.

New Adventures In Hi-Fi... ugh.. cannot understand the appeal.. that was the moment that REM lost me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • See, Automatic was when REM lost me. It had been on the cards since Out Of Time and to be honest, for me the last great REM album was Pageant.
     Still, four perfect albums in row. That's four more than most bands manage!
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stickersticker Frets: 333

One of the only albums I've bought more than once (wore out a tape copy and bought it on CD twice) .

Since Ipods/Mp3 players became the norm I've been guilty of being a "Shufflehead" which is the listening equivalent of ADHD and I appear to have stopped listening to albums as a whole anymore so having seen some of the adverts for the re-issue I gave AFTP a listen again start to finish for the first time in years and it's still a magnificent piece of work .

I would love to play in an R.E.M tribute band ... I'm not even bothered about playing the Peter Buck parts... I'd happily be Holsapple/December/McCaughey/Stringfellow .

• impmannimpmann Frets: 5758
    Ignoreland is my fave moment on that album.

But it is the last REM album I really liked - and I still listen to it often.