The Killers - Live

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
If you get the chance I would recommend you get hold of a ticket to see the Killers live on tour this Autumn. I went to the Genting Arena last night on the opening date of the U.K. Leg and they were draw dropping. Good foh sound and the band were very tight but the production itself was off the charts. Now while I do like their stuff as a rule, I am not obsessive by any stretch. But the whole night was as good a gig as I have been to in decades. Recommended
An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Just the singer and drummer with a backing band is it?

I saw them on their Dustland tour, it was immense!  I would also recommend 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    joeyowen said:
    Just the singer and drummer with a backing band is it?

Yes. What I can gather is the guitarist Dave K still plays live in the US but doesn't go overseas. The previous touring guitarist has filled his shoes while another guitarist is drafted in. Replacement bass player as the original still records but is off studying at Uni. Keyboards at the back plus backing singers. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    I saw them once. They were the bland forgettable band between two incredible bands. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • They’ve been incredible each time I’ve seen them but I wasn’t prepared to pay £80 to see Brandon and Ronnie. The new album is great though,
  • Saw them supporting U2 back in 2005 when Hot Fuss came out - they were great, and I've liked a couple of records of theirs since. Not their latest one though. The Man sounds like filler to me.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I used to like them a lot but don’t like their latest album much at all after a couple of listens. 

Why doeant Dave tour any more? Didn’t know that. 

I saw them at Wembley Stadium 3 or 4 years ago and they were great but didn’t like the overall sound at all. Don’t know if its where the roof was open but the sound just seemed to get lost. Compared to when I saw Muse there with the roof shut it was so different. 

Miss Atomic Bomb - the ‘prequel’ to Mr Brightside - is a great song. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1377
    @Nunogilberto ;
    @BRISTOL86 ;
    i have to confess, I am struggling with some of the current album. However, the live set was all killer no filler (sorry but I am 3/4 of a bottle of red in and couldn't resist) so the new stuff was a welcome break during the gig. The rest of it was flat out, great Vegas indie pop. 16,000 people going apeshit for the hits.

funnily enough to, I was telling our drummer this at rehersal tonight. His theory is that sales generally are so depressed, if an act wants to make a decent living, the tour production is now where it's at.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    @rsvmark they really are excellent live, the Royal Albert Hall show is superb - they have a really great energy live. 
  • I had to sell my Sheffield ticket as I was just incredibly exhausted from seeing so much in Manchester that I needed a night off. My family went and really enjoyed it.

I remember seeing them on the NME tour years ago at Rock City Notts and it cost about £20. They were great then.

Bit weird that it is only two of them that tour. The drummer is quite a driving force In the band so at least he is still with them.