Sultans of Swing flamenco style...

skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 966
happened across this on you tube.... I loved it so thought I'd share...sorry if it's been posted before

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Clever, a bit Easy Listening though. For me Sultans works better with more drive and dynamics, like the original. I recognised Tommy Emmanuel, who are the other guys? 
  • boogieman said:
    Clever, a bit Easy Listening though. For me Sultans works better with more drive and dynamics, like the original. I recognised Tommy Emmanuel, who are the other guys? 
    I just enjoyed it for what it was.. I don't know who the other guys are but they are all superb players.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    Oh absolutely, I'm certainly not saying they can't play well. Each to their own taste I guess. The guy with the Strat is excellent, some lovely note choices and great technique. TE is always a superb player too. It just sounds, I dunno,  a bit like something you'd hear when you're on hold to your insurance company. 
  • boogieman said:
    Oh absolutely, I'm certainly not saying they can't play well. Each to their own taste I guess. The guy with the Strat is excellent, some lovely note choices and great technique. TE is always a superb player too. It just sounds, I dunno,  a bit like something you'd hear when you're on hold to your insurance company. 
    I'd be pleasantly surprised if that was playing while on hold.. :)  
    I enjoyed their take on it and as you say it is easy listening and the original is obviously the standard to which all other versions must aspire to... I wasn't implying anything by my reply...the written word and all that :)
  • Beautiful.  One observation about "Sultans of Swing", that opening, and recurring chord progression is a mainstay of probably about 3/4 of all flamenco music.    In other songs(and keys) it appears in "Walk Don't Run", "Hit the Road Jack", "The Cat Came Back" and many more.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

skaguitar said:
    boogieman said:
    I'd be pleasantly surprised if that was playing while on hold.. :)  
    I enjoyed their take on it and as you say it is easy listening and the original is obviously the standard to which all other versions must aspire to... I wasn't implying anything by my reply...the written word and all that :)
    I didn't take it you were implying anything chap, no worries.  ;)