Black Friday?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 2957
    uksaint7 said:
    Being a relatively recent 'thing' over here I think guitar shops are a bit better prepared this year than on previous years. I know that at least one major guitar store have some genuinely great guitar deals coming for Black Friday.
    Wicked I can’t wait.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 4636
    mbe said:y
    Amazon had plenty of Digitech Polara reverb pedals last year for £80.

I picked one up thanks to seeing a heads-up on here. They also had a limited number of the Obscura delay pedals for £80, but they were first offered to Prime customers and none were left after they went on general sale.
    There were some left as they ran the promo 3 or 4 times. I got both, but don't have prime. The year before I got a les paul junior foe £280, now that was a bargain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 505

I think it can be a good time if you are open minded.

By this I mean you have a bit of spare cash and are looking for something "nice". You can just lok at the offers until something grabs your attention.

The down side ide is if you are after a specific item you can be swayed to get something that is not exactly what you wanted, but is cheap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 146
    FYI Amazon have a few ongoing deals with some Digitech pedals such as the Ventura Vibe which I've backordered purely for a decent rotary setting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 146
    DOD Boneshaker £85 ish.
  • mortmort Frets: 331
    FYI Amazon have a few ongoing deals with some Digitech pedals such as the Ventura Vibe which I've backordered purely for a decent rotary setting.

Amazon are just price-matching Thomann on the Ventura Vibe.
  • mbembe Frets: 152
    Even the scammers are jumping on the BF bandwagon.  Saw an ad on FB for studio gear going cheap for Black Friday. Same lot as Ibanezmall with registered address as per Dawsons in Warrington.
  • I've only been back playing guitar since the start of this year, so have never seen what 'Black Friday' is like with music gear retailers.

In previous years have the major gear retailers (GG, PMT, Andertons) taken part in the Black Friday frenzy that other retail sectors do? And if so, is there ever much decent stuff available or is it mostly just trying to shift a bunch of naff, unwanted stock that they couldn't sell anywhere near RRP?

Still mulling over options for buying a new amp, but wondering whether I should hold out for a couple of weeks and see if I can grab a bargain...  s
    Ive been working on Reverb's all week and its looking very good......
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 1074

The main issue for MI retailers is that margins on most gear are pretty slim as it is, especially when compared with other industries, eg fashion, so Black Friday is not particularly welcome many smaller retailers, especially as they have to compete on price with the usual suspects online.

It seems to be that people are holding off buying gear at the moment in hope of getting some Black Friday bargains, maybe not even a guitar, but other consumer items.

As ever these "innovations" very much favour the larger operations at the expense of smaller retailers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 1893
    edited November 15
    I've only been back playing guitar since the start of this year, so have never seen what 'Black Friday' is like with music gear retailers.

In previous years have the major gear retailers (GG, PMT, Andertons) taken part in the Black Friday frenzy that other retail sectors do? And if so, is there ever much decent stuff available or is it mostly just trying to shift a bunch of naff, unwanted stock that they couldn't sell anywhere near RRP?

Still mulling over options for buying a new amp, but wondering whether I should hold out for a couple of weeks and see if I can grab a bargain...  s
    Ive been working on Reverb's all week and its looking very good......
    Dang it, just bought a pedal from DISCO @iain.reverb !