Cab wiring. Pic attached.

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1463
edited March 2014 in Amps
Just want to check something before I go ahead. Pic is of the inputs to my new 2x12 cab which i believe can be used in stereo. Can you tell from the pic which one is the mono input (i am guessing the right hand one but not 100% sure) the wires going off thr page go straight to the speakers.Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Diagram removed due to it being incorrect. Thank for the help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited March 2014
    yes -  put a jack into input one, and both speakers are being used.
    put a jack in input 2, you can see that it opens the connection to speaker 1 - so is only feeding speaker 2

gives you 8 ohm mono or 2 x 16 ohms

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    The left jack in the pic is the mono input as bertie said.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Great stuff thanks guys.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    It looks as if the shaft of the plug connects to + and the tip connects to -, in that diagram. Or have I misunderstood it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    No, you haven't! The diagram is wrong.

Well spotted :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

@ICBM I thought the left jack as you look at that pic would be the input 2 which if it is wired as the diagram would make that the stereo one or am I missing something?
    The left one is the mono input. One set of wires goes directly to one speaker, the other set goes through the switches in the right jack to the other speaker. If you put a plug in the right jack it separates the two speakers so it's one half of the stereo input.

• Enjoy your new cab mate, and thanks for an easy sale!
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for the help gents all wired up ready for a test drive now. @frankyknuckles looks lovely thanks mate.

Edit: Sounds great, thanks for the help.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    edited March 2014

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:

I think the diagram was worng dude. I removed it to avoid confusion. Anyway, the cab is wired up and sounds superb. Thank you for the help.

Mark.