Afghan Whigs

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 417
edited November 10 in Music
They were a tidy outfit back in the day, definitely one of the better bands from that era .. I wonder which two did jail time together?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 368
    I saw them this year -- obviously not quite the same band as the 90s, but they sounded absolutely huge and hungry still. Gregs vocals were improved by IEMs I reckon compared to the couple of times I've seen him with Twilight Singers in the same venue. Last album is really good - fav tracks might be Toy Automatic & Into the Floor, in fact there isn't really a bad track on it.

Can't think of the artists name, but there's an americana-ish album thats done okay this year that has a cover of What Jail is Like on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 417
    edited November 11
    Apparently the track above was intended to be somewhere between the Jackson 5 and Twin Peaks! Some interesting guitar rhythms going on there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

• One of my personal top 5 bands. The Gentlemen album was my soundtrack for a pretty rough year and the one time I've seen them live (so far) was an amazing show. Obviously they're a different beast than what they were in the 90's but the last album is really, really good and Gregg Dulli is still a fantastic songwriter and band leader.

Premier Guitar recently did their rig rundown - 

And RIP Dave Rosser.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 368

And RIP Dave Rosser.
    It's pretty moving to hear Greg say 'tonight, and every night for the rest of our lives, we celebrate the life of David Rosser'

I saw Twilight Singers with Rosser playing a couple of times - some great whammy feedback as I recall. Prefer the original guitarist though - he made out of tune slide sound so good
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 417
    edited November 11
    Gregg Dulli is still a fantastic songwriter and band leader.
    I noticed in the video how he was giving visual cues to the other band members.