Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which pedal should you have never gotten rid of?

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4529
For me, I keep coming back to the DopeFX Black Lotus, a zen drive clone but with extra clipping options, mein gott that thing was creamy, yet angry if you wanted it to be. @Megii don't ever let it go!

My board has no room for it so i don't miss it that much, but can't help feeling it would be sounding that bit extra special with one on there.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2017
    DesVegas said:
    For me, I keep coming back to the DopeFX Black Lotus, a zen drive clone but with extra clipping options, mein gott that thing was creamy, yet angry if you wanted it to be. @Megii don't ever let it go!

My board has no room for it so i don't miss it that much, but can't help feeling it would be sounding that bit extra special with one on there.
    D Indeed @DesVegas, it is a gem, and I can't imagine I ever will let it go. I'd used Zen Drive clones and liked them well enough, but as soon as I tried that extra clipping mode (mosfet?) on the Black Lotus, I knew I'd found "something" - it just adds layers of fatness and smoothness. Sits in pride of place on my pedal board, and cascading a Turbo Rat clone in front of it gives a brilliant smooth, responsive, controllable sustained lead tone. A wonderful pedal for anyone after that kind of LA, Larry Carlton/Robben Ford/Steely Dan etc. etc. kind of lead sound. If I ever see another for sale at a fair price, I'll probably have to get that just to have a spare. Superb pedal IMHO, and going nowhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited November 2017
    I had a Boss OD-1 when it first came out. I have no idea what happened to it. I probably just threw it away many years ago because it got so old and bashed around
    It's not a competition.
  • Early 80s Boss CE-2. I now have two late MIT models....
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28126
    My MicroPOG.

It would be useful for Cello Club.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7777

I'd probably have no use for it, but I wish I still had my Vox Compressor from the 80s

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I've only ever sold 2 pedals, a DS-1 and a BD-2 I think (The blues driver). Don't regret them at all.
  • Either an EHX DMM or the 1st gen EQD Disaster Transport that I owned for a bit.

Silly boy :-(
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4529
    Black arm bands all round, not you though @Lestratcaster ;
  • Analogman chorus with depth switch and AM Peppermint Fuzz...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    Silver Klon and early Zendrive.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    Black arm bands all round, not you though @Lestratcaster ;
    Haha
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Paul_C said:

I'd probably have no use for it, but I wish I still had my Vox Compressor from the 80s

Very nice comp. I had the Guyatone Driving Box which is the same unit in a different box. Pretty much a script Dyna Comp circuit I believe. There's an internal mini pot thingy that you can dial up the squish with.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72302
    Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan - x2. I could buy another one, but they go for silly money now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Mine's a comp too. Bearfoot Evergreen. I've had other comps since, including another Evergreen, but that first one had a touch of magic.
  • I had a Boss OD-1 when it first came out. I have no idea what happened to it. I probably just threw it away many years ago because it got so old and bashed around
    @stratman3142 I have a perfect OD-1 clone for sale in the classifieds FWIW
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Japanese CE2. It had sat in its box for a long time and I got a good price for it, but in retrospect I should have kept it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I regret letting this go, the resonance control was great for 'embiggening' the sound.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a Boss OD-1 when it first came out. I have no idea what happened to it. I probably just threw it away many years ago because it got so old and bashed around
    @stratman3142 I have a perfect OD-1 clone for sale in the classifieds FWIW
    Thanks for the offer but it's not really about having a recreation of that sound. It's more about the pedal now being regarded as a bit of a classic and it would be good to have held on to a bit of history.
    It's not a competition.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    The Klon Centaur I bought 8 years ago for £350
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom