Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which pedal should you have never gotten rid of?

What's Hot

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    edited November 2017
    Sassafras said:
    I regret letting this go, the resonance control was great for 'embiggening' the sound.

Is that one your old one? @sassa
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rather unexciting but I would say a Boss GE 7 as EQ pedals are just so useful to have around.

Otherwise probably a skreddy screwdriver mini deluxe

• Green Russian Muff
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Boss fz3. 
    Mk1 guvnor. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    DesVegas said:
    Sassafras said:
    I regret letting this go, the resonance control was great for 'embiggening' the sound.

Is that one your old one? @sassa
    No, mine was pretty much new when I bought it. So far, all the secondhand ones I've seen have been completely knackered.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Sassafras said:

I had one of those too. It sounded great, but the captive mains cable was a pain.

When I had mine, I'd read something about Eddie Van Halen having used an "AC powered MXR", which I assumed was this, since it did really have quite a VH sound to it, and when the Peavey 5150 amp came out which had a Resonance control as well, I thought he had got the idea from the pedal. I later found out it was actually a MXR 10-band graphic EQ he meant, which is also mains-powered…

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I stupidly traded my Catalinbread Heliotrope last year, and it's now discontinued. I hope I can pick up a used one, it's a weird blend of ring mod and bitcrush that I can't really replicate simply any other way. I used it on a bunch of demos and it's infuriating that I can't quite make the same sounds without it.
  • One pedal you should never be without is a tuner. If it breaks, gets lost/mislaid or stolen, you should always get another. I always like to have a floor pedal and a couple of those clip on jobs 
  • I wish I hadn't sold my MIJ Boss HM 2. I did, however, find a replacement for £4.50 at a boot fare thanks to another fb member.
    Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Probably my Timeline.

Although I’ve got my eye on the new Empress Echo System so maybe not so much.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    One pedal you should never be without is a tuner. If it breaks, gets lost/mislaid or stolen, you should always get another. I always like to have a floor pedal and a couple of those clip on jobs 
    I made do without a tuner for over 30 years because no-one thought to invent one back then.
    Playing in tune is overrated.
     :) 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    for me its not the pedal I shouldn't have gotten rid of, more the pedal I should've got instead...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I'm sure I've got an MXR Micro-Amp, but I just can't find it!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's been a few-
    Boss PN-2
    Boss CS-2
    Boss DF-2 
    Vox Chorus
    I suspect that I'd find the feedback part of the DF-2 useful these days, but I didn't like the distortion at the time. I can't say that I've liked any of the Boss dirt pedals I've heard, to be honest.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4722
    Boss CS2 (much better sounding than the CS3) and Boss CE2 Chorus
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    prowla said:
    I'm sure I've got an MXR Micro-Amp, but I just can't find it!
    Living the dream!!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited November 2017
    57Deluxe said:
    for me its not the pedal I shouldn't have gotten rid of, more the pedal I should've got instead...
    Me too. As a teenager in the early 90s I was offered a Pearl effects board with five pedals and power supply for £70. It included the Flanger and Octave that can now go for £150-200 each. At the time I decided I'd be better off spending my £70 on a Boss Metal Zone scream , what a twat!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72255
    Voxman said:
    I have both… I would consider selling them if you're interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Voxman said:
    I have both… I would consider selling them if you're interested.
    If @Voxman’s not interested, I may be interested in the CS-2....