Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Which pedal should you have never gotten rid of?

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    OK :). I'll try not to turn this into an Old Boss Pedals For Sale thread ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4723
    ICBM said:
    OK :). I'll try not to turn this into an Old Boss Pedals For Sale thread ;).
    Lol! Just sent you a pm @ICBM ;
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7776

I should have added the BitQuest I sold when I cleared out a lot of my pedals. I've got a new one but it would have been nice to have one of each paint scheme ;)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Marshall Jackhammer.. Dist side was pure garbage but I actually loved it on the overdrive setting. No, I'm not joking. :S 
    I mean, it's cheap as hell so maybe I don't regret it that much or I'd have bought one again. 

I have one for sale if you're interested PJ. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Dr Scientist The Cleanness.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Theres been a few:

1980s Ibanez Sonic Distortion - fab, HUGE sounding distortion, sold because it buggered up the signal path in bypass.
    Analogman ARDX20 delay - sold because... er, I was a prat
    Boss VB-2 - bought for £20 as "nobody" wanted one, sold for £35 to a Goth mate who swapped it for some drugs
    Coloursound Wah - one of the orignal Macaris reissues. Great but clanky mechanism and tone-such a go-go in bypass.
    Ross Distortion - bought for £5 from a car boot sale, and sold because the switch was intermittent... for £6.
    Burns Treble Booster - bought at the same boot sale for £5 and sold to Rokas in London for £35, who allegedly sold it straight to Rory Gallagher (according to them)
    Watkins Valve Copycat - original cream and blue model, wish I'd kept that!!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I wish I'd kept the Stone VPA-1 valve pre pedal I had as a beginner, if only to see if it was any good! A very rarely seen beast nowadays.
  • My Mk1 Guvnor. Bought it when it came out and later foolishly sold it on for a Dean Markley Overlord pedal with a real valve in it. Rubbish. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Boss PS-3 - stupidly so because I was after one for years, and I sold it in a fit of madness not knowing that it was more than just the 'Mode 7' pedal.

Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz - the pedal I owned the longest. Not sure why I'm including this here as I can fully justify the reasons for selling it on, but I still miss the bastard.

Black Arts Toneworks Quantum Mystic - again, I was after this for AGES, and then when I finally got my hands on one, I sold it after about a month. Stupid. Should have given it at least six months to wrangle every possible sound out of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Marshall Bluesbreaker Mark 1
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I had a coloursound tonebender/fuzz back in the late 70s, wish I still had that. But I did replace it with an 'upgrade' and then sold the Big Muff, bought another and then sold that too, no regrets there. I had a phaser too but not a well known brand, I probably gave that away because it was noisy.

• Voxman said:
    Marshall Jackhammer.. Dist side was pure garbage but I actually loved it on the overdrive setting. No, I'm not joking. :S 
    I mean, it's cheap as hell so maybe I don't regret it that much or I'd have bought one again. 

I actually would be interested but I'm gassing hard for a guitar that's become available to me.. I'm currently on self imposed no spending time. 
  • Well, I've only rebought two pedals. Moog clusterflux and boss PS3 so I guess those two. 
    Voxman said:

I actually would be interested but I'm gassing hard for a guitar that's become available to me.. I'm currently on self imposed no spending time. 
    Boy, do I know & understand that feeling!  ;)
  • I had a mint condition Roland phase 5 that I sold about 10 years ago. Not really sure why
  • Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude. Ultimately couldn’t justify keeping it on the grounds of space once I bought the Moog, but it was a beautiful sounding thing. 
  • Nothing
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    my old JHS mini Echotech delay
    it was a nasty sounding and noisy analogue bucket brigade delay

it was the sort of nasty sounding that is beautiful, grainy and lo-fi
    just as a great delay should be...
    modern fx tend to be too pretty and pristine for my taste
    play every note as if it were your first
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    edited November 2017
    I'd just like to say, i have recently bought a DopeFX Everything Zen so when that arrives in the next few days i won't be regretting a thing.

Je ne regrette rien
  • Confession time; I've never sold a pedal!  :o B)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.