What's Hot
Any help dating this one? Can’t seem to locate it on the net

r8 60892
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    slightly confused on your numbering

an R8 should just start with the number 8 with no letter prefix - then the next number is the year of manufacture

Does it have a paper certificate for Historic Collection or a leather CD style wallet for Custom Shop

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629

an R8 should just start with the number 8 with no letter prefix - then the next number is the year of manufacture

Does it have a paper certificate for Historic Collection or a leather CD style wallet for Custom Shop

'Standard Historic' Les Paul reissues in 2016 had R prefixes, which distinguished them from True Historics.

To answer the OP's question, it's a 2016 model, denoted by both the R prefix and the 6 after the space.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • many thanks!
    tFB Trader
    Brize said:

'Standard Historic' Les Paul reissues in 2016 had R prefixes, which distinguished them from True Historics.

To answer the OP's question, it's a 2016 model, denoted by both the R prefix and the 6 after the space.
    I had forgotten changes as mentioned - just so use to seeing the 8 first to distinguish a 58 replica - top brownie points and thanks and a wiz
  • Thanks for the info, going to view a guitar locally tomorrow but this one has come up. Like the top

https://flickr.com/photos/53365193@N02/sets/72157666159830599
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the info, going to view a guitar locally tomorrow but this one has come up. Like the top

https://flickr.com/photos/53365193@N02/sets/72157666159830599
    yes - has character regarding the flame but not OTT - good luck
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Brize said:

lol

Not at you… at the Gibson idiocy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    Brize said:

lol

Not at you… at the Gibson idiocy.
    I'm with you on that, brother.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited November 2017
    That's a beauty. I have a 2016 R8, it feels and sounds great. If you go for it, make sure you get the metal round toggle switch medallion cover for the back as well (they come with the metal one fitted but a black plastic one is supplied as well)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If you go for it, make sure you get the metal round toggle switch medallion cover for the back as well
    Why? Those things are garbage.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Brize said:
    If you go for it, make sure you get the metal round toggle switch medallion cover for the back as well
    Why? Those things are garbage.

That's where all the magic tone comes from, plus a Les Paul needs the extra weight.

seriously, just for completeness and potential resale that's all. I like the look of them as well and don't think they are garbage at all.

Which historic reissue do you own?

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited November 2017
    Im going to speculate that a more apt question would probably be which historic reissue doesnt he own. Lets be serious though, those medallion things are garbage

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Im going to speculate that a more apt question would probably be which historic reissue doesnt he own. Lets be serious though, those medallion things are garbage

'Nuff said.
    edited November 2017
    Well whatever your thoughts it's a minor detail, the main point is did @sherpa_man pick up that R8 or not? It looks lovely in the pics.

Is that the Ice Tea colour?, it's hard to tell in the lighting. 

• Hoping to buy it later on today,

Not arsed about a golden goonies switch cover.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I wonder if anyone has converted their nice custom shop medallion into a proper medallion on a chain to wear out down Wetherspoons?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder if anyone has converted their nice custom shop medallion into a proper medallion on a chain to wear out down Wetherspoons?
    Damn, I'm putting mine back on my guitar now. I was getting ready to wear mine down the Carpenter's Arms later, they's got got a turn on tonight and I was hoping to impress the birds with my Gibson medallion.

• Hoping to buy it later on today,

Not arsed about a golden goonies switch cover.

They're worth more than Bitcoins