Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    A thread shouldn't have to add bureaucracy when a freedom preserved is a freedom under scrutiny when more is asked than just who, but why?
    Why is encouraged, like the freedom to judge the actions of somebody else.
    I, er..

No, it's ok.
    7reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited November 2017

The Eagles

Supertramp

Starship

Pink Floyd (post-Syd Barrett)

Genesis

Nickelback

Razorlight

Kooks

Ocean Colour Scene

Bon Jovi

Why not? The above are responsible for some of the most ear-bleedingly dismal troughs of bland, soulless arse-gravy in Christendom.

....unless you're asking 'why' as in "why do/did they exist?".... that I don't know, it's a cruel world.
    No, I'm asking why these bands aren't liked.
    I could say I hate The Darkness, but what's the point unless I told you why I hate The Darkness.

Say you don't like something and tell people why you don't like something; It's good practise to think about the why of things.
    There are plenty of whys for the above, I'm always thinking about the why, I just choose not to include it here. Some reactions are visceral and defy an intellectual bullet-pointed breakdown of reasons, some can be explained. Either way, I decided not to explain why on here... mainly because I haven't got time to write the 10-part bound volume literary epic that the full horror of the above list merits. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • U2.............Done.
  • The Eagles, although I concede they're good at what they do, I just DON'T LIKE what they do
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited November 2017
    I'm just going to put this here - a guy is complaining about the Darkness, while making wild G'N'R fan based comments, 

The same man - clearly thinks he is "the UK slash" in playing and guitar poses. Here he is 'playing' a part of estranged will full slash stance and guitar lift up technique.
    https://youtu.be/JKDn1MHQn6o

I'm sure the Darkness have zero concern over the thoughts of this individual.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    darcym said:
    I'm just going to put this here - a guy is complaining about the Darkness, while making wild G'N'R fan based comments, 

The same man - clearly thinks he is "the UK slash" in playing and guitar poses. Here he is 'playing' a part of estranged will full slash stance and guitar lift up technique.

Bit harsh that mate...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    I just read all these comments and I can summererise to help anyone else out.

The Darkness are shit or good. They may have copied G&R (who are also shit or good) but G&R don’t know that they copied many other bands and started as a parody that people take seriously. 

Coldplay are shit but I’m not telling you why.
     Why?
    Why should I?
     Why not though?
     Don’t want to. 
    But fredom states that you must tell me your thoughts 

Even though I’ve written it out I still have not a fucking clue what’s going on with this thread.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunm said:
    Even though I’ve written it out I still have not a fucking clue what’s going on with this thread.
    No no mate, you've pretty much nailed it. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    Wibble. 
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • The Killers. I just don’t like ‘em. 
  • Wibble. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    darcym said:

Slash is the UK Slash because Slash is British too, and I'm me, born in 1986, not the next nobody from 1986.
  • Duh..

Slash is just really really cool, that's all; Great songs though.
  • If you want a UK Guns N' Roses, we have one, called The Rolling Stones @darcym ;
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    darcym said:

Bit harsh that mate...
    It's not harsh it's just really stupid.

Harsh would be if I cared what The Darkness thought, (I don't, who does)? Harsh would be if I set out to look like Slash when reality is I just play guitar and Slash is awesome.
    Hendrix too.

Clearly @darcym has problems since they think I care what The Darkness think, anyone this deluded is just salty and sour and in music for all the wrong reasons; They clearly notice my technique, which is more than I do.
    I'm not saying I don't look cool playing the guitar, I'm just saying, I'm playing the guitar.
    Like a cat lands on its feet, it just does, I just play. Slash just plays.
    The Darkness are the ones who view Guns N' Roses and copy.
    I play tribute.
    I play Guns N' Roses music because I like Guns N' Roses music.

What $$$ do GN'R make from The Darkness songs?
    At least my videos if they make money will go to the record company who owns the GN'R song if it's a Guns N' Roses song.
    What the Hell do The Darkness do to thank Guns N' Roses? Nothing, that's what.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    darcym said:

Bit harsh that mate...

Harsh would be if I cared what The Darkness thought, (I don't, who does)? Harsh would be if I set out to look like Slash when I just play guitar.

Clearly @darcym has problems since they think I care what The Darkness think, anyone this deluded is just salty and sour and in music for all the wrong reasons; They clearly notice my technique, which is more than I do.
    I'm not saying I don't look cool playing the guitar, I'm just saying, I'm playing the guitar.
    I play tribute.

What $$$ do GN'R make from Darkness Songs?
    At least my videos if they make money will go to the record company who owns the GN'R song.
    I don't copy, I rock. 
    I thought it was harsh for pulling one of your videos, and for not even having the decency to refer to you personally but in the 3rd person. 
  • If The Darkness loved Guns N' Roses so much, less saying you're like them, and more playing their songs and selling recordings and getting plays on YouTube of Guns N' Roses covers.

Let's see The Darkness play You Could Be Mine before I buy what they do.
    edited November 2017
    If The Darkness loved Guns N' Roses so much, then there'd be a lot less claiming to be the UK them, and more playing their songs and selling recordings and getting plays on YouTube of Guns N' Roses covers.

Let's see The Darkness play You Could Be Mine and sell it (since they're in a better position) before I buy what they do since The Darkness looooveee Guns N' Roses as they claim.
    Or Sweet Child O' Mine or Paradise City if The Darkness only like Appetite For Destruction.
    edited November 2017
    I'm sure Guns N' Roses are more The Rolling Stones than The Darkness, and The Darkness will never be one of the greats ever.
    edited November 2017
    darcym said:

Bit harsh that mate...

Harsh would be if I cared what The Darkness thought, (I don't, who does)? Harsh would be if I set out to look like Slash when I just play guitar.

I play tribute.

What $$$ do GN'R make from Darkness Songs?
    At least my videos if they make money will go to the record company who owns the GN'R song.
    I don't copy, I rock. 
    I thought it was harsh for pulling one of your videos, and for not even having the decency to refer to you personally but in the 3rd person. 
    This person made their point.

That they suffer from autism and can't work out why I don't wear a Slash wig under my top hat.

How somehow, The Darkness rock and I should feel bad because The Darkness don't like me, and how dare I play guitar and remind them of somebody I'm not when they say I remind them of somebody I'm not. It was thoughtless of me, I should have thought about @darcym thinking I think I'm Slash before @darcym thought I thought I was the UK Slash.

What idiot actually, thinks somebody is the UK version of a UK person?
    Slash is Britsih-American and knows Crystal Palace Park's dinosaurs and Soho and that's enough for me to thank The Lord for being British too.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom