Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    I was 16 when The Darkness came out...
    I knew better, there is no excuse, we had (me and my friends when I was 16) old Guns N' Roses records/Nirvana/Pantera/Metallica, and did not need or want The Darkness.

The Darkness getting signed said good bye to UK rock and it made rock as good as pop and UK rock has't recovered yet and it's 2018 soon, I hate UK rock today since the fans make me want to fight them with how Preppy/rude and insulting they are. Like check your privilege before giving me some attitude.

Royal Blood is okay, but, I only ever went to their show because this girl I was dating at the time took me and liked them and I was waiting for after the show. - Interesting what they do with a bass guitar, and probably my favourite UK band of today, but .... Royal Blood aren't even on the level of Nickelback from Canada...

UK, who had Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, the UK is now a joke for guitar bands.

I'm mean, coming from 1986, coming from 'The Big City' 'Soho'...
    I can give a F**K about Pinewood Smile and want to release something else much more me.
    Like Lesbian With A Gun and sing my songs about Brixton and Piccadilly Circus and anywhere else that I've happened to write about. F**K Pinewood Smile, F**K The Darkness and their hair metal Believe In Love B/S...
    The Darkness were worse than Mötley Crüe ffs.

Even The Spice Girls rock, The Darkness suck. IMO.
    At least The Spice Girls never claimed to be The Beatles during Spice Mania.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Why I don't like The Darkness is the same reason why I don't agree with London, Ontario...

It's posing.

London, my London, the real London, has The River Thames, in that other 'The Darkness' London in Ontario, Canada, they have The Thames River.
    Naming the city after London is one thing, but the river too, that's The Darkness, that step too far. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I still can’t even.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, me too.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27944
    I still can’t even.
    I bet you could if you tried.

And there was an appropriate incentive.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6095
    scrumhalf said:
    The Darkness have their tongues firmly in their cheeks.

I don't even want to think where GnR have had their tongues. As I've said before, they are a semi-competent bar band with a singer that sounds like a cat being tortured and if their stuff had been released twenty years earlier they would, at best, have been a footnote in the history of rock music.
    Couldn't have said it better @scrumhalf , have a Wiz.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3012
    edited November 2017
    I don’t quite follow the gnr v darkness thing, did they say that they love a band and are influenced by them? It’s what the Manics did; GNR was a huge influence on their early music and they spoke about it a lot. Thankfully they substituted the dumb misogynistic lyrics with intelligence. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11740
    Wow - this thread really went craaazzzyyy...

I f**king hated Scouting for Girls, just throwing that one out there.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22683
    edited November 2017
    I don't want to wobble the foundations of this entire fine thread, and I can't be bothered to spend five hours on Google looking for Justin Hawkins quotes, but.... did The Darkness ever actually claim to be the new Guns N' Roses, or even say they were influenced by them?  I always thought they were more like a weird mix of AC/DC and Queen.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Unbelievably brilliant thread - Hendrix cover the highlight so far
  • chugingtonchugington Frets: 96
    edited November 2017
    Bon Jovi - that covers it.
    And Bon Jovi were Okay... New Jersey Rocks (the place, probably the album too).

IMO, it's Bon Jovi over Springsteen, but Living In America was a tune, I mean; c'mon.
    *sings 'Living in America!..'
    Bon Jovi over Springsteen? I really don't know what to say..... *Sigh*
  • Bon Jovi - that covers it.
    And Bon Jovi were Okay... New Jersey Rocks (the place, probably the album too).

IMO, it's Bon Jovi over Springsteen, but Living In America was a tune, I mean; c'mon.
    *sings 'Living in America!..'
    Bon Jovi over Springsteen? I really don't know what to say..... *Sigh*
    I suppose that might be true...if you're putting together some telephone hold music and want to be as inoffensive and bland as possible. 

This thread is stranger than the time I went to a "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" themed party at a 90s pop bar. And that was pretty fucking weird! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Why would anyone hate the darkness that much to start a post about it? They’ve been very successful at making fun rock n roll and each time I’ve seen them live (and met Justin) they’ve been fantastic. 
  • Wow.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I saw an interview once with Slash in which he stated 'the Top Hat thing was a nod to Marc Bolan.' Now, here's a fact for you - I like T.Rex, but don't like GNR. However, this does not eat into my life, corrode my very soul or cause me to take to the Internet and ramble on. Actually, that bloke out of The Fratellis wore a Top Hat didn't he? What a complete and utter bastard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why would anyone hate the darkness that much to start a post about it? They’ve been very successful at making fun rock n roll and each time I’ve seen them live (and met Justin) they’ve been fantastic. 
    Music is important to me/to all of us (it should be); but with bands like The Darkness, it's like agreeing with the record labels.
    The record labels who are in the wrong.

Why would anyone defend The Darkness?
    That's why I ought to be asking.
    edited November 2017
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't want to wobble the foundations of this entire fine thread, and I can't be bothered to spend five hours on Google looking for Justin Hawkins quotes, but.... did The Darkness ever actually claim to be the new Guns N' Roses, or even say they were influenced by them?  I always thought they were more like a weird mix of AC/DC and Queen.
    Honestly, both's an insult to Guns N' Roses.

It's The Darkness FFS.

Their guitar work was lame yet they run around saying they saved rock when The Darkness actually pissed on Rock's door, gate crashed the party and acted like it knew all the cool bands inside.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22683
    Philly_Q said:

It's The Darkness FFS.

Their guitar work was lame yet they run around saying they saved rock when The Darkness actually pissed on Rock's door, gate crashed the party and acted like it knew all the cool bands inside.

You've taken my question and responded to it as if it was a statement.  Cheers.

Here's another question - did they ever "run around saying they saved rock"?  I don't remember that either.

• Lame

• Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

It's The Darkness FFS.

You've taken my question and responded to it as if it was a statement.  Cheers.

Here's another question - did they ever "run around saying they saved rock"?  I don't remember that either.

Are you asking for a dedicated The Darkness suck thread?
    What are you asking?
    Stop asking for things.