good small clean amp for pedals

What's Hot
sdasda Frets: 0
Hi

I'm looking for a good clean amp to use as a platform for my pedals and which won't disturb the neighbors.
I have already tried a VHT special 6 (6 watt Chinese valve amp), but the clean sounded compressed at low volume. It didn't get any better with a distortion pedal on top of that.
I really like the sound of the Wampler Triple Wreck. On youtube there are really nice demos, but they all play it through a big amp with some volume.
Does anyone have good results with the WTP in combination with a small bedroom amp?

Yours
Stan

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Fender Silverface Champ.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• if neighbours are the issue, this may not be the answer you are looking to hear, but a modeller like the mustang 2 v2 especially on the ,57 deluxe setting may be exactly what fits the bill
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited November 2017
    look out a Session Rockette 30 on ebay - the clean is superb and very 'open'
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I use a fender champion 600 with pedals and is fine at bedroom levels.  I have a yamahe thr5 for playing late at night in the lounge to not incur the wrath of mrs munckee and the little munckees.  I have a gretsch g5222 (same amp inside) for sale on the classifieds if a class a tweed floats your boat.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    I use a 100watt head in my central London flat and never had a problem with my neighbours nor have I woken my child..... I just turn the master down to whisper quiet in the evenings and a little louder during the day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Morgan PR12

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited November 2017
    sda said:
    Hi

I'm looking for a good clean amp to use as a platform for my pedals and which won't disturb the neighbors.
    I have already tried a VHT special 6 (6 watt Chinese valve amp), but the clean sounded compressed at low volume. It didn't get any better with a distortion pedal on top of that.
    I really like the sound of the Wampler Triple Wreck. On youtube there are really nice demos, but they all play it through a big amp with some volume.
    Does anyone have good results with the WTP in combination with a small bedroom amp?

Yours
    Stan

Did you try some decent valves/speaker upgrade with the Special 6? The one I had was a cracking pedal platform with some Tung sols and am eminence Legend speaker installed. I even gigged it out once or twice.