Recommend some pedal kits for Christmas?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    1776 have some excellent pcbs if you don't mind ordering some of your own parts and drilling your own enclosure.  The Cardinal harmonic tremolo is outstanding.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    edited November 2017
    Jeds Peds clone of the Swamp Thang Tremolo is a lovely old school sounding bias trem. It’s a pcb kit. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    So far I've gone with the Musikding zvex 5 knob fuzz clone and the Gasfx Drive Thru. Any more recommendations?
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    I know that the GasFX pedal isn't cheap, but It's really good and very versatile and transparent too - check some reviews online
    Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited November 2017
    Can also heartily recommend fuzz dogs. I have his Raw Fuzz (fuzz war clone) and it sounds absolutely huge. I use it at practice when our bassist can't make it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    edited November 2017
    I have built three Fuzzdog kits in the past couple of weeks - an EP boost, a TS808 with mods and a Sweet Honey. The EP boost has kicked the Kokoboost off my board and was very simple to make however I have learnt a few tips along the way.

The sweet honey is a very good pedal - the focus control is inspired and sets this pedal apart from other dirt boxes.
  • My favorite fuzzdog build so far has been the Durham Crazy Horse.  Phenomenal dirt box, and he's just done a vertical PCB of it too...useful if you really don't like those sideways Z'vex-style boxes.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    My favorite fuzzdog build so far has been the Durham Crazy Horse.  Phenomenal dirt box, and he's just done a vertical PCB of it too...useful if you really don't like those sideways Z'vex-style boxes.
    I'm considering that one next - what does it sound like?
  • rico said:
    My favorite fuzzdog build so far has been the Durham Crazy Horse.  Phenomenal dirt box, and he's just done a vertical PCB of it too...useful if you really don't like those sideways Z'vex-style boxes.
    I'm considering that one next - what does it sound like?
    It's basically that Neil-Young-Tweed-Deluxe-About-To-Explode driven fuzzy sound.  In a box.  Pretty much a drive going into a fuzz, with a Muff-ish tone control on the end, and the option to starve the voltage.

I added a footswitchable pre-gain control to my build so I could kick it from a milder tweedy drive setting (it can cop 90% of the Red Llama sound this way) into all-out filth.  Works a treat, but if you're the kind of player who likes to ride your guitar's volume control to get those sounds, it would probably be overkill.  Anyway, here's a pic...  

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    @DarnWeight that does indeed sound pretty epic and nice job on the enclosure too. The problem with this very addictive hobby is that I have run out of room on my board!
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    rico said:
    @DarnWeight that does indeed sound pretty epic and nice job on the enclosure too. The problem with this very addictive hobby is that I have run out of room on my board!
    I thought that was the aim!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    TTBZ said:
    Can also heartily recommend fuzz dogs. I have his Raw Fuzz (fuzz war clone) and it sounds absolutely huge. I use it at practice when our bassist can't make it.
    that one's on my list for future, as well as the green ringer, sho and a bunch of the fuzzes.