Strymon Sunset Buzzing issues.....

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
Awesome drive pedal

Just picked up an Egnater Rebel 30 (wow!) and the sunset (which is immensely fussy about getting the right power into it) starts buzzing like hell especially when powered with its own supplied PSU. It never did this when put through my prosonic - so why should it start now? 

I have resolved the issue by using a much higher output from my cioks but why would it behave in such a way?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a Sunset but have had no issues with power and it's quiet. I use the Cioks DC5, one of the 300ma outlets and it's fine. I haven't tried the Strymon PSU so can't really help I'm afraid. 

Buzzing with one amp but not another doesn't sound right though

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited November 2017
    I have a sunset too. Quite as a mouse especially when using the noise gate , sounds like something else than the sunset ?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Could it be a ground loop issue or something? 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    edited November 2017
    Agree with above. Mines been quiet
  • Mines silent now but was weird
  • One of the reasons I sold my el Capistan was the digital hum from the supplied psu and others with enough mA. 
  • I think many agree the supplied PSU isn't the best quality. I don't use it with it though and power it with my 4x4
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited November 2017
    I think many agree the supplied PSU isn't the best quality. I don't use it with it though and power it with my 4x4

Seems a bit excessive ? 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.