Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What Tremelo pedals do you like?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938

I've just moved on an amp with built in output bias tremolo and my next amp will not have tremolo. I'm looking for a tremolo pedal, 100ma or less power requirement (so no Strymon Flint), what tremolo pedals do you like and would recommend?

Mooer Trelicopter? what else?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Kingsley bard though I bet it requires more mA. 
  • For versatility and weird sounds, the EHX Stereo Pulsar is hard to beat. Normal or regular use, you can't go wrong with a Boss TR-2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This...

No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The Suhr Jack Rabbit was the best of the many I tried. An honourable mention goes to the harmonic mode on the Source Audio Vertigo.
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Suhr Jack Rabbit... It has plenty on offer including tap tempo, multiple sub divisions and five waveforms all in a standard enclosure :) 
  • Never owned one but from reviews/ videos the Fulltone Supatrem ( not quite sure how the 2 is different other than more expensive). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    +1 for the EHX Pulsar. Fantastic pedal at the price point. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    The Jack Rabbit has all the options you could wish for but the overall tone had a slightly plastic quality after a while. You won't regret getting the Boss TR-2, it has a natural amp-like trem sound.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3836
    Demeter Tremulator is the best blackface trem I've tried.
  • I have the small Hotone Trem and it sound great - plenty controls for simple, effective Tremolo pedal and well built too! Not too fancy, but delivers!

• My favourite so far is the Zvex Sonar. Wish I'd kept it :) but it wasn't an ideal pedal for basic amp throb style sounds. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Another +1 for the Jack Rabbit. Doubles as an effective clean boost too.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited November 2017
    Great suggestions - thanks. It's basic gently wobble I'm after, and I like the simplicity of the TR-2 and Trelicopter and the Treli's small form. I don't want harmonic trem.

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I'd go for the Trelicopter if basic's all you want. The Pulsar is quite tricky to dial the speed into accurately. 

Personal fave is the Boss PN-2 which has a perfect on/off/on/off square wave trem, but is a little limited as to how fast it can go.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    EHX Pulsar is great, as is the Sonar. If you were into harmonic trem I'd throw the new Walrus Monument into the mix. Outside bet: the Boss Slicer can do subtle surprisingly well and the tap is really responsive.
  • Fulltone Supatrem 2 is excellent and very amp-like
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

I've had a few! There are some great ones out there but they all have their own foibles - I'm very fussy with my trems.

Demeter Tremulator - fantastic sounding trem but fixed volume (a small volume bump which is just a tad too much for me plus a bit of extra treble sparkle), and the bypass isn't the best.

Fulltone Supatrem - pretty much as good as the Demeter but with control over volume, but it does take up far too much room.

Hamstead Trem - really great sounding but takes too much power, the boost is implemented oddly and somehow it's so warm and lovely it doesn't always cut through.

Mojohand Bayou - decent but nothing special.

Boss TR-2 - holds its own in the above company, just so easy to live with, just wish it had a bit more volume (newer one do have an internal trim pot I believe) and headroom (when using drive sounds).

Basic Audio Throbby - this is my new and current squeeze, haven't had huge time with it but first impressions are very good, standard footprint, control of volume (loads of boost and headroom available!), adds a bit of sparkle, very nice tone.

• Empress. The v1 pedal is often a 2nd hand bargain.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The little Red witch one is also going for peanuts on bax at the moment if you want a basic one.