Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Songs you like by bands you DONT like!

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    ICBM said:
    underdog said:
    Deadman said:
    Shiver by Coldplay.
    Love that song
    I'm not a big fan of Coldplay, although I've slowly grown to like them over the years, having originally disliked them quite strongly.

The Scientist is the only one of their songs I really love though.

I'm different, I played Parachutes to death, really still think it's a wonderful album today and shiver stood out as it had a bit of aggression with the guitar part.

However I've not liked much they released since but as you say Scientist is a very well crafted song and one I have some emotional attachment with.

Excellent live band though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not the song but the riff to Priorities by Don Broco is really cool.
  • 25 or 6 to 4 by the otherwise incredibly dull Chicago. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited December 2017

Rockferry - Duffy (incredible song....the rest of her stuff is dismal)

To Love Somebody - The Bee Gees

Africa and Hold The Line - Toto

Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes

I'm Not Alone - Calvin Harris

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    underdog said:
    ICBM said:
    underdog said:
    Deadman said:
    Shiver by Coldplay.
    Love that song
    I'm not a big fan of Coldplay, although I've slowly grown to like them over the years, having originally disliked them quite strongly.

The Scientist is the only one of their songs I really love though.

I'm different, I played Parachutes to death, really still think it's a wonderful album today and shiver stood out as it had a bit of aggression with the guitar part.

However I've not liked much they released since but as you say Scientist is a very well crafted song and one I have some emotional attachment with.

Excellent live band though.
    If you skip "In my place" which I still think is a painfully dull song, I think A rush of blood to the head is a fantastic album too. I don't count myself as a Coldplay fan and haven't liked much since but that album has definitely grown on me. "Daylight" is a cracking song
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Coldplay are for the next category for me, bands who are completely hit and miss some great some awful, coldplay, u2, the charlatans too many to mention.

You have to love Africa by Toto (unless you don't of course.) learnt that recently.  My wife walked in while I was playing it, she said "Are you playing that f#cking Africa song from the 80s". so didn't love it...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The music snob in me won't allow me to like songs by bands I dislike..
  • munckee said:
    Coldplay are for the next category for me, bands who are completely hit and miss some great some awful, coldplay, u2, the charlatans too many to mention.

You have to love Africa by Toto (unless you don't of course.) learnt that recently.  My wife walked in while I was playing it, she said "Are you playing that f#cking Africa song from the 80s". so didn't love it...
    Rosanna is a great one, classic variant of the Purdie shuffle on the drums too :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Hold The Line is about the only Toto song I can stand, so I should probably add that as well.

I do actually have a copy of Africa, ironically because my wife likes it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    I can't stand Snow Patrol. They're music for people who have given up on life but I hate to admit that I do kinda like Run (I think it's that one; I'm not going to look it up in case I stumble on some of their usual shite)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    the_jaffa said:
    I can't stand Snow Patrol. They're music for people who have given up on life but I hate to admit that I do kinda like Run (I think it's that one; I'm not going to look it up in case I stumble on some of their usual shite)
    I like Snow Patrol...

Mind you things are feeling hollow for me recently, might end it all ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffa said:
    I like Snow Patrol...

I find them really dreary, though I did quite like them when they first came out. I still like Set Fire To The Third Bar (with Martha Wainwright), though.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited November 2017
    Also going to say the Scientist by Coldplay .

Really I hated "Britpop" but have to admit there were some good songs

Supersonic by Oasis
    Stereotypes by Blur
    Time Supergrass
    Marblehead Johnson by The Bluetone

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    the_jaffa said:
    I like Snow Patrol...

I find them really dreary, though I did quite like them when they first came out. I still like Set Fire To The Third Bar (with Martha Wainwright), though.
    Love that song. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    BRISTOL86 said:
    the_jaffa said:
    I like Snow Patrol...

Love that song. 
    That is certainly my favourite of their songs.

They are not a hit-every-time whack on any album and im in heaven band, but they have some decent choons.

IMHO of course.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    the_jaffa said:
    Set The Fire To The Third Bar is their best song by far - the one with Martha Wainwright. It's the only one I really like, mostly because it doesn't sound the same as all the others...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've avoided this thread for days, as I fully expected it to be another anti The Darkness thread... Turns out I was wrong, so I'll give you;

Sympathy with the devil by the stones... 

Because everything else they ever did was total wank

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Maroon 5 - this love. 
    God, what a great hook, all that Stevie wonder singing. 
    I cant stand them. 
  • I've avoided this thread for days, as I fully expected it to be another anti The Darkness thread... Turns out I was wrong, so I'll give you;

Troll

Troll
    I've not heard than one. How does it go?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you