Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the oddest album you've got?

What's Hot

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    I have a few albums that might be a little outside most peoples taste. 
    Coil, Sutcliffe Jugend, CCCC, Tenhornedbeast, Sleep Research Facility etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    I've got the Hendrix samples dance album by The Beautiful People... it would give Janey Hendrix a heart attack if it was released today.
    I've got that too, it's bloody great! 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Zaireeka by the flaming lips, because it is 4 CDs that are to be played simultaneously. It's an effort to dig out 4 players and set them up and start them together but it is worth it.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't have the album but this song on the C86 compilation. "Buffalo" by Stump is pretty odd. I was saddened to just learn that the singer Mick Lynch died in 2015:

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited November 2017
    David Byrne - Music for the Knee Plays.

His score for The Catherine Wheel is totally awesome, but a lot of the Knee Plays score sounds like lift music.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • One I don't have anymore...
    Band: Arena
    Album: Contagion 

One i still have...
    Band: Primus
    Album: Antipop

Anything by Primus is weird and oddly delightfully brilliant :) though I recently listened to one of Les Claypool's solo albums and couldn't get into it.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    edited November 2017
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2894
    I have an old cd from an American post hardcore band called Indian Summer. Not sure how obscure it really is but the music is cool if you like loud-quiet dynamics and chaotic sounding stuff.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611

Has to be White Noise album from the early 70s.....stoned out of your head with headphones on it is really freaky

Weird, and really on the fringe but I love it

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I think the oddest one I have which is great, is probably The Presidents of the United States of America by The Presidents of the United States of America...superb.

Other than that probably 'K' by Kula Shaker.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    Warning, do not listen to this at work. NSFW or indeed in any sort of company.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    As an aside - re the OP, I confessed to having bought the Johansson cd from America at an inflated price. Yesterday I'm in a charity shop in the middle of nowhere in the Scottish Highlands and there it is for 30p! What are the chances of that happening, eh?
    Anyway, I splashed out 60p on Paul Weller and Green Day. Last of the big spenders me.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    AlexC said:
    As an aside - re the OP, I confessed to having bought the Johansson cd from America at an inflated price. Yesterday I'm in a charity shop in the middle of nowhere in the Scottish Highlands and there it is for 30p! What are the chances of that happening, eh?
    Where? I'd quite like it, I only have a download!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Odd...

You don't get no odder that Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band...

Its also the best album ever made. And yes, it is supposed to sound like that.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    ICBM said:
    AlexC said:
    Where? I'd quite like it, I only have a download!
    Dornoch. If it's still there next time I'm in (sure it will be) I'll get it, let you know, and then send it on to you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    AlexC said:

Dornoch. If it's still there next time I'm in (sure it will be) I'll get it, let you know, and then send it on to you.
    Many thanks :).

It's amazing the things you find in charity shops in out-of-the-way places. My most recent odd find was the first Plumb album - as far as I know never released in this country - in the one next to the pier at Craignure while waiting for the ferry back from Mull.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Music from the Body by Roger Waters & Ron Geesin.

Never got round to it when I was in full Floyd mode in my earlier years. And now I have, I wish I hadn't. 

So far up it's pretentious art house arse, it's amazing it ever found it's way out of the studio.

For those who can't imagine the experience, this is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfS7mNPI98
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738

When Living Colour were at the height of their popularity 20-something years ago, I bought an album called Smash & Scatteration by Vernon Reid and Bill Frisell.

I'm not sure if it was particularly odd, I don't think I managed to listen to it all the way through.

I've got loads of Zappa albums and things like Primus which I guess are pretty quirky, but I don't think of them as really odd, it's just what they do (or did).

• RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    'The man from God knows where' by Tom Russell.  No idea how I came to get this CD - it has lots of bits of songs, wonderful vocals and the suggestion of a story....  Weird, downbeat, odd, most definitely, but for some unknown reason I like it.

https://www.amazon.com/Man-God-Knows-Where/dp/B00000I73E

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum