Rexter Guitars - custom painting, restoration & refinishing

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 228
    Nashville routing under the guard - handy to have a template for this made up now, thinking my own thinline may benefit from a middle pickup

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 13
    Keep that template handy bro....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • exocetexocet Frets: 650
    rexter said:
    Really nice work!
    Thanks very much! 

Long day buffing today. Sudden and unexpected rush of sales means a very busy week coming up before Christmas. WIll be shipping out somewhere in the region of 10 bodies this week I think. Really pleased, just wish I enjoyed packaging more!

This is for Marc, who I think may be a member here... I routed the body for a Nashville configuration, fixed some very suspect ferrule holes on the back and gave it a high gloss Daphne Blue finish. Also sorted a neck for him, removing a snapped tuner screw (those damn things) and plugging it before redrilling. I'll probably give the body a final buff tomorrow before shipping out the whole package.

Yep, it’s mine. Looks fantastic, can’t wait to put the rest of it together :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    If you're pairing it with the roasted maple neck Marc it's going to look fantastic!  =)
    Got to get this one out of the freezer this morning and get the final work finished and ship it. Customer is a John Frusciante fan so it's not going to look like this anymore when it's done... But I realised Fiesta Red is a colour I love but haven't posted much of so here it is - pre ageing. Just hastily threw it in the photo booth last night to get some shots.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • lovely work, i even like the nashville tele
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    lovely work, i even like the nashville tele
    cheers buddy! You not normally a fan of the Nashville config? 

Well the fiesta strat got well and truly Fruscianteed today  :o

I like how it came out and customer drooling in anticipation so I'm pleased. A lot of aged ones have been through the workshop lately, just how it's happened really. I think I want to do another good run of shiny, factory fresh metallics in the new year alongside the commissions.

And finished up this Suhr for Stef - a mid sheen surf green NOS finish. Actually it's 50% of my surf green and 50% or my seafoam green mixed to get this colour.  =)

Interesting restoration of a 60s Danelectro Guitarlin is underway too. Masonite is horrible to paint. Sealed it with shellac first to give it a barrier coat. This is going to be an authentic cream copper burst when done!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Happy New Year folks (belatedly of course :# )

December was busy, busy, busy. January's looking mental! Which is great, though I could really use an extra few pairs of hands. Thanks everybody here who has booked a refin, bought a finished body in or just looked at my work.  =)

Here's something that was not an easy job, very nasty to strip and then when was finally finished had to be completely stripped again thanks to some kind of ungodly reaction in the lacquer which didn't show up until late in the game. One of those things you have to deal with in a way other than smashing your head against the wall.  =)  

All good in the end though - factory finish Ocean Turquoise Metallic refinish on a Classic Lacquer Fender Jag. I'm just buffing the matching headstock today.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    The three ages of sunburst:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter