I am sound engineer / producer, specialising in recording on location. I can offer professional recording / mixing / mastering service at very competitive rates, as I do not have traditional studio overhead costs.
My website is www.romansound.co.uk
I specialise in the following
- recording at a venue or room of your choice. I am happy to offer advice and help select the best location;
- working with bands to record in rehearsal environment, for example to capture high quality demos / EPs;
- capture and editing of live performances;
- recording bands across a number of locations e.g. drum booths and my home studio for vocals / guitars / bass;
- recording voice-over artists in my home studio;
- mixing / mastering / post-production / audio repair;
- complete project-management experience, working with artists to track remotely, then reamp/mix and prepare tracks for mastering.
I have full location recording equipment, including microphones by Neumann, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Shure, Decca preamps and outboard by API, Empirical Labs, etc. I can record up to 12 microphones at a time, which would be enough for most situations.
I have recently recorded a professional London orchestra, assisted top level classical sessions in London / Manchester / Glasgow, including working with BBC Scottish Symphony orchestra.
I am happy to work with artists of any genre, having previously played and / or recorded classical, hard rock / metal and acoustic pop.
Some feedback from offering a similar service on basschat forum:
MIX + MASTER:
"Been working with Roman for a couple of weeks and can say that I'd happily recommend his work! We've been working on a solo bass composition which I recorded at home, then sent over to Roman for all the production work. The first file I sent wasn't up to standard, so Roman advised me how to improve, both in terms of my playing, and also in terms of how to setup my equipment - I'm a complete novice with recording and he was very patient with me despite this! Roman worked on the recording and sent it across so we could discuss what to do to improve it. He explained everything that had been done to the piece as well as listen to my opinions to get a f I shed recording that we are both pleased with. I would be very happy to work with Roman again in the future, and can't recommend his work enough!
"Roman did a great job with our demo and definately going to use him again."
"Roman was kind (and patient) enough to have a look at one of my bands tracks and spent some time looking at levels and boosting certain parts, to the point where a noticeable difference was acheived.
I would definitely recommend him to others and when the time comes, I'll be searching out his skills again."
I may bump this very occasionally – but please feel free to contact me or share my details.