Xotic SL drive. Oooooh!

bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 391
Anybody tried or got one of these yet. The clips sound pretty good. Might have to make some more room on the pedal board! http://www.andertons.co.uk/compact-pedals/pid30427/cid692/xotic-sl-drive-pedal.asp
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    I've had one. 

It didn't blow my mind so I moved it on. 
    It might just be that it didn't suit my amp. 
  • i always have that trouble, great in the clips, shit through my amp. might give it a go anyway!
    The Swamp City Shakers
    tFB Trader
    It wasn't bad by any account, but I prefered the Distortron/ Box of Rock which is quite a similar pedal. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I know it's been getting rave reviews but it's seriously expensive over here compared with the US.  I might get one eventually if they get cheaper second hand.  Or I might build myself one if some nice person posts the schematic.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    I bought that one from @monquixote. I really like it but you need to try it out at the volume and EQ you use when playing in your preferred situation (band, home etc). You need to experiment with the DIP switches to get the right overall sound and then use the tone knob to tweak it. I got a great "Mr Big" (Kossoff, not Gilbert) sound out of it in the Super Bass mode and the tone up above 12 o'clock. Mine has currently replaced my Marshall Mk1 Guv'nor on my board.

I wouldn't pay full price for it though. Definitely overpriced in the UK.
    tFB Trader
    Yes I should add I didn't really have it long enough to put it's through it's paces as I flipped it to fund a Bogner Red. 
    I didn't even get to touching the DIP switches.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Get the Catalinbread DLS Mk 3 instead.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24196
    I love the idea of it - nice and tiny and I love Marshall drives.

But the demos....for every great sounding one, there are 2 awful ones.
  • I bought that one from @monquixote. I really like it but you need to try it out at the volume and EQ you use when playing in your preferred situation (band, home etc). You need to experiment with the DIP switches to get the right overall sound and then use the tone knob to tweak it. I got a great "Mr Big" (Kossoff, not Gilbert) sound out of it in the Super Bass mode and the tone up above 12 o'clock. Mine has currently replaced my Marshall Mk1 Guv'nor on my board.

I wouldn't pay full price for it though. Definitely overpriced in the UK.

yeh, i'm liking the super bass settings in the demo's. might have to go and try one out and the look for a used one. saying that i paid full price for the ep booster and all though it don't do much, i wouldn't be without it now.

the sl drive has got 2 more knobs than the ep booster so it must be worth it!

:P 
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I got one from the US, shipped it in and all. then I got rid of it on the forum. I think monquixote bought it off me (my memory fails me).. It was quite good but then again, there are alot of good drives out there. Great sound but I was hankering for something with a lot less gain.