Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1102
Hello

As the first press release goes out tomorrow I thought I'd give you a head start on the news.

First off I have over 20 new exhibitors for 2018, I have had to have a move around to get everything in.

I've been back through the 2017 thread and picked out some of your requests, so...

I have The Barista coming to the show, so there will be proper coffee available, please buy some

There will be a show guide with a plan of the show and a full exhibitor listing available when you come in.

The back car park will finally be open.

The venue have agreed to have bacon sarnies available first thing both days, this is especially for Mark @guitars4you :)

Saturday will have a new opening time, funny what comes to you when you are sat on the sofa, so the show will open at 9-42 (see what I did there!) The opening time is sponsored by Ernie Ball Super Slinkys, the first 9 visitors through the door will get a token for a free EB T Shirt and a pack of EB strings (any gauge), the next 42 will get a token for a pack of EB strings.

The Live Stage times will be 10-46, 11-48 etc, when you have a theme you have to run with it

The catering area at the front is now gone (don't worry) and has been replaced by a small tech area for those that are looking at recording their guitar.

There will now be Dino's Bar where you will be able to get food and drink (beer, sandwiches and curry) this will be where The Barista are also stationed. I have asked for smaller but more of them tables.

The European Guitar Builders are having a stand at the show (the association behind the Holy Grail show in Berlin) I am stupidly excited about this.

There will be a new feature entrance, that you will have to wait and see. One of my frustrations has always been that when I used to spend someone else's money I could do these nice little touches, the new exhibitors this year have meant that I have a bit more cash to spend on the presentation of the show, I hope you like it.

The Acoustic Room upstairs will happen again, a few new names in there.

There will be many regulars on here on show (forgive me if I forget some) so @FelineGuitars @ThorpyFX @Graingerguitars @RiftAmps @skelf @guitars4you @iain.reverb @stand_made @Rabs and although no longer a full time employee hopefully @rossyamaha ;

The Fretboard will be there so @TTony, free hugs (again and again and possibly again) from @Handsome_Chris plus others ( @Clarky ; ?)

My helpers @Jetfire and @Guitar_Slinger patrolling with air horns

I think that's it for now, full exhibitor list is available at www.theguitarshow.co.uk

If there are things I missed from the 2017, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to put them right for 2018

I am going to ask all exhibitors to get involved in this thread, so it may prompt a few more to sign up here, it would be nice if they engaged and told you what their plans for the show are.

Thanks for your support and hopefully see you there.

Jason

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited November 2017
    Hi Jason
    I can be there on the Saturday with my toys to demo and for folks to play with and enjoy
    will the FB stand have space for my cabs [cos the full rig looks more impressive]?
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    Excellent news Jason!

So, that's your work for the year done now?

Jason said:

I am going to ask all exhibitors to get involved in this thread, so it may prompt a few more to sign up here, it would be nice if they engaged and told you what their plans for the show are.

If they - at least enough of them to make it worthwhile - want to get involved here, we'll create a dedicated section for the show, so that they can engage with the forum to discuss what's going to be on the stands, arrange special presentation/demo sessions, talk deals, etc.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JasonJason Frets: 1102
    tFB Trader
    @Clarky the TFB stand is 3m x 2m, so its up to you guys what goes on it. Preferably quieter rather than louder :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Excellent news Jason!

So, that's your work for the year done now?

Jason said:

If they - at least enough of them to make it worthwhile - want to get involved here, we'll create a dedicated section for the show, so that they can engage with the forum to discuss what's going to be on the stands, arrange special presentation/demo sessions, talk deals, etc.

@TTony yeah sitting here with my feet up...

Staring at a full page of To Do's wondering just what to start with and also half writing a H&S document, its exciting times!

When the H&S is done, I'm then going to write the letter that will include info about this thread and (thank you) the option of a dedicated section

Jason said:
    @Clarky the TFB stand is 3m x 2m, so its up to you guys what goes on it. Preferably quieter rather than louder :)
    volume is not a prob... the cabs can be played soft to attract a crowd [or even just for show if need be]
    I have a 4-way headphone amp [I can bring a couple of pairs of enclosed cans] so we can run a couple of pairs of cans direct into the Axe-FX
    so... even when the "volume is forbidden" horn blows...
    I can zero the power amp volume and our visitors can still send "The Hammersmith" direct into the skull
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    Baaaaaarrrppp!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Clarky said:
    Jason said:
    volume is not a prob... the cabs can be played soft to attract a crowd [or even just for show if need be]
    I have a 4-way headphone amp [I can bring a couple of pairs of enclosed cans] so we can run a couple of pairs of cans direct into the Axe-FX
    so... even when the "volume is forbidden" horn blows...
    I can zero the power amp volume and our visitors can still send "The Hammersmith" direct into the skull
    Headphones would be awesome
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    @clarky - what size cabs are you thinking of bringing?

@handsome_Chris - if we've got the "usual" table & screen, we could perhaps set that out front-to-back (rather than side-to-side as previous years), creating more space at the side for Mr Clarky's rig?

We' d have to think of something else to fill the space on Sunday.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Jason said:
    Hello

As the first press release goes out tomorrow I thought I'd give you a head start on the news.

First off I have over 20 new exhibitors for 2018, I have had to have a move around to get everything in.

I've been back through the 2017 thread and picked out some of your requests, so...

I have The Barista coming to the show, so there will be proper coffee available, please buy some

There will be a show guide with a plan of the show and a full exhibitor listing available when you come in.

The back car park will finally be open.

The venue have agreed to have bacon sarnies available first thing both days, this is especially for Mark @guitars4you :)

Saturday will have a new opening time, funny what comes to you when you are sat on the sofa, so the show will open at 9-42 (see what I did there!) The opening time is sponsored by Ernie Ball Super Slinkys, the first 9 visitors through the door will get a token for a free EB T Shirt and a pack of EB strings (any gauge), the next 42 will get a token for a pack of EB strings.

The Live Stage times will be 10-46, 11-48 etc, when you have a theme you have to run with it

The catering area at the front is now gone (don't worry) and has been replaced by a small tech area for those that are looking at recording their guitar.

There will now be Dino's Bar where you will be able to get food and drink (beer, sandwiches and curry) this will be where The Barista are also stationed. I have asked for smaller but more of them tables.

The European Guitar Builders are having a stand at the show (the association behind the Holy Grail show in Berlin) I am stupidly excited about this.

There will be a new feature entrance, that you will have to wait and see. One of my frustrations has always been that when I used to spend someone else's money I could do these nice little touches, the new exhibitors this year have meant that I have a bit more cash to spend on the presentation of the show, I hope you like it.

The Acoustic Room upstairs will happen again, a few new names in there.

There will be many regulars on here on show (forgive me if I forget some) so @FelineGuitars @ThorpyFX @Graingerguitars @RiftAmps @skelf @guitars4you @iain.reverb @stand_made @Rabs and although no longer a full time employee hopefully @rossyamaha ;

The Fretboard will be there so @TTony, free hugs (again and again and possibly again) from @Handsome_Chris plus others ( @Clarky ; ?)

My helpers @Jetfire and @Guitar_Slinger patrolling with air horns

I think that's it for now, full exhibitor list is available at www.theguitarshow.co.uk

If there are things I missed from the 2017, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to put them right for 2018

Thanks for your support and hopefully see you there.

Jason

Nothing in that doesn't sound excellent. I suspect I may be one of those who complained about the lack of decent coffee - squeaky wheel gets the grease! I had some parking issues last time as well so the increased parking space will be very welcome. 

Boys Are Back in Town was on the radio this morning so the Dino's reference isn't lost on me either. 

I think you said you had an idea to reduce the noise leakage into the live room? I know those things are a major headache but is that also likely to put into place? 

I'm looking forward to it already. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    TTony said:
    @clarky - what size cabs are you thinking of bringing?

@handsome_Chris - if we've got the "usual" table & screen, we could perhaps set that out front-to-back (rather than side-to-side as previous years), creating more space at the side for Mr Clarky's rig?

We' d have to think of something else to fill the space on Sunday.  
    I have my usual pair of 1960b cabs
    on top of one will be the rack.. 
    on top of the other can be whatever you wish.. general fretboard advertising stuff.. 
    so use it as a table top
    tFB Trader
    I think you said you had an idea to reduce the noise leakage into the live room? I know those things are a major headache but is that also likely to put into place?

@EricTheWeary yep, I've moved the stage through 90 degrees, so the sound will be aimed at the back wall rather than in to the show, not perfect I know but the best I can do

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jason said:

@EricTheWeary yep, I've moved the stage through 90 degrees, so the sound will be aimed at the back wall rather than in to the show, not perfect I know but the best I can do

One of those things that's never going to be 100% fixable but that makes sense. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • It's my 50th birthday the day before the event. Do I get a cake?

Seriously, @Jason onwards and upwards, this sounds awesome. Looking forward to it so much. 
    tFB Trader
    Cheers and yes of course you do, you can't let something like that go un-celebrated.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 13950
    tFB Trader
    You're a star especially with the coffee and butties - I dare say close/next to my stand as well

I applaud the air horn guys so long may they be present

what a slinky idea on the sponsored time sets - You'll have some dancers next with 'skinny tops and heavy bottoms' 

and you are home to Huddersfield as well

Get the festive season out of the way and it will be on us very quickly
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    It's my 50th birthday the day before the event. Do I get a cake?

Seriously, @Jason onwards and upwards, this sounds awesome. Looking forward to it so much. 
    no but you can buy some for exhibitors !!!!
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you close but not as close as it once was, I am stupidly rammed :)

I was very proud of my idea, you should see some of the other bits I'm doing, mainly just to amuse myself, I just hope others get the tributes.

Xmas - NAMM - Show, its going to be here very quickly, I can feel the tension rising already
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

I was very proud of my idea, you should see some of the other bits I'm doing, mainly just to amuse myself, I just hope others get the tributes.

Xmas - NAMM - Show, its going to be here very quickly, I can feel the tension rising already
    I'm sure you'll send plans out soon, if not already available via e-mail - Am I still in the same slot

Glad to see you've sold out again and demand is rising - a credit to you and shows (no pun intended) that the trade can still handle a sensible show - is there any mileage in 3 days ????
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

I'm sure you'll send plans out soon, if not already available via e-mail - Am I still in the same slot

Glad to see you've sold out again and demand is rising - a credit to you and shows (no pun intended) that the trade can still handle a sensible show - is there any mileage in 3 days ????
    I have spent this afternoon writing a letter to everyone that I'll send out next week along with the new plan and exhibitor manual, plus... hold on to your hat, a risk assessment form for you to fill in, you lucky people (its just a tick box and sign) I just figured that its now so popular I should cover us all, just in case.

You are still in the same place. Its the catering that has moved.

3 days?? I don't know yet, lets see what the attendance is like
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    , a risk assessment form for you to fill in, you lucky people (its just a tick box and sign)

customers feinting at ultra low special show deals
    customer frenzy as they try to beat the stampede towards a stand with the last XZY left at a special price

I'm sure I'll love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!