NAD: Katana 100W combo

Hey all,

As per my earlier thread, I've been in the market for something to replace my Marshall JVM410HJS (+ 2x12 cab) with.  It's just too big of an amp for me right now, as I'm only playing at home and want something a lot simpler.

The Katana series was getting rave reviews and I was torn whether to get that or a Helix, and then _which_ Katana to get?

I went to Andertons and spotted a 100W combo for only £199.  Turns out it was a second hand one in stock so I feel that the stars had aligned in terms of destiny.

Tried it out, and really like it.  Sounds great, flexible volume settings (baby on the scene!) and the built-in effects were pretty nifty too.

So I bought it, along with the footswitch.

Loving it so far and not tried the control software yet.  Seems to be a perfect amp for playing at home with the 'oompf' and features to play out as needed.

May well satisfy all my noodling skills and therefore no 'need' for the Helix!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congratulations on the new amp. I’ve had my Katana 50 for a couple of weeks and like you am very impressed. This is perhaps the most practical amp for those of us with little ones, that still want a decent tone. 
  • had my 100 combo nearly 8 months now and love it. have gigged it about 16 times and play it at home so my other amps are feeling very neglected. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3391
    edited November 2017
    I went through exactly the same about a year ago.

Tried small valve amps like blackstar HT5. Too loud.

Tried modelling amps and was quite impressed. Katana best of the bunch imo.

Tried pod hd and boss gt100. Already had a pod xt so these didn't seem like enough of an upgrade. 

Then looked at new high end modellers. Kemper, Helix were too pricey. Tried an amplifire and bought that, along with some new headphones.

Very happy with it.

Now my gas has moved on to interfaces and frfr speakers. So maybe I should have just bought a katana too! Or a helix.

We're spoiled for choice these days!