Gabriel Tenorio Strings anyone interested ?

What's Hot
mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
edited November 2017 in Acoustics
https://www.thegts.co/acoustic-guitar/

The best i have ever tried by a country mile,  stunning sounding strings handmade.totally.. they have improved the tone of my acoustics a huge amount.. expensive yes, amazing definately.  Thought i would share with the FB acoustic fraternity, i have an order in currently if anyone else wants to piggy back on that to save postage etc give me a shout. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the electric ones on all three of my guitars and I’m similarly minded. They’re superb. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    @TimmyO ; @Lew @AliGorie any interest?
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    nope - not tried but would , if they're available in UK.
  • The electric strings are available at the link below, maybe worth sending the seller an email whether he will stock the acoustic strings?

https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/collections/strings

edited November 2017
    i have bought them from Home of tone before but its been months since he had acoustic strings   i am going direct and ordering 6 sets of acoustics a few electric and mandolin strings so anyone want to join that order  @Aligorie ;@earwighoney or @VimFuego ...the mandolin strings were particularly stunning for the mando players amongst us   

i will give it a few days and confirm my order 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    just ordered a bunch of mando strings from newtone, and have bumped up against my budget for the moment. But will bear them in mind.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

fair enough @VimFuego ;  
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Not good timing money wise - appreciate the offer though 
    Red ones are better. 
  • homeoftonejameshomeoftonejames Frets: 11
    edited November 2017
    A nice customer of mine just gave me the heads up on this, so thought I'd chime in. I've been offering Gabriel Tenorio strings here in the UK since January 2016. Sadly, stock levels and turnaround times are very much a tightrope walk and way out of my control unfortunately.
    I try my very best to keep stock levels high, but due to how busy Gabriel is and the pure nature of how his strings are wound, one by one, by one human, the wait time grows and grows. I increase my stock orders to accommodate for this the very best I can, I'm making bit financial investments believe me! but when a delay hits, it makes it very difficult to keep every single variation of string, for each guitar type on my shelves. Of course I will never discourage someone from ordering direct, but do please be aware of the wait you may have, just a heads up from my nearly 2 years of experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    got a link to your business? always happy to help out a UK seller.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• VimFuego said:
    got a link to your business? always happy to help out a UK seller.
    Thanks very much, very kind indeed! If the admin are happy with me to share, it's www.homeoftone.co.uk If they're not, feel free to delete the link and slap me round the head haha.

Just to add to my initial reply to this thread, helpful really to the OP. From my current experience, order turnaround times direct from Gabriel at the moment is about 2 months, so bare that in mind to avoid disappointment in delays, as contact from the main man may be sparse whilst he's up to his eyes winding strings for the world growing wise to his amazing work. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @homeoftonejames i am getting them within 4 weeks max to be honest, sometimes quicker. This will be my 4th order and so far so good.

I have noticed that phosphour bronze strings are rarely available in 12's though. 
  • mgaw said:
    @homeoftonejames i am getting them within 4 weeks max to be honest, sometimes quicker. This will be my 4th order and so far so good.

I have noticed that phosphour bronze strings are rarely available in 12's though. 
    Oh man, I'm putting my orders through with you then as I'm planning orders 6 months in advance at the moment to ensure stock levels are maintained, but even then it's a battle. Glad to hear you're doing okay with them buddy! 
  • Yeah I should add that I’ve bought 4 or 5 sets now from @homeoftonejames including custom sets, so would fully endorse 
    yes i am, i did want pb 12's but they are rarely available so i have changed to brass, not been too much of a problem, maybe the size of your order poses a problem?

anyway welcome aboard i will let you know how long this order takes to go through..
  • mgaw said:
    yes i am, i did want pb 12's but they are rarely available so i have changed to brass, not been too much of a problem, maybe the size of your order poses a problem?

anyway welcome aboard i will let you know how long this order takes to go through..
    It does appear that way, I have PB sets on this order which has likely been the hold up on this occasion. Main thing really for me is that I'm very loyal and SUCH a big fan of what he makes that I am very determined to find a great way of doing this for him, and bring them to more players attention. But doing it in a way that doesn't cause me grey hairs increasingly month by month as my stock runs low like this way does! If Gabriel is able to accommodate I am looking at changing the process to a monthly rolling stock order meaning smaller numbers but a lot more regularly, in theory, if he can accommodate it. We shall have to see I suppose.

Yeah definitely, please do. It's good for me to know, so thank you in advance.
  • Yeah I should add that I’ve bought 4 or 5 sets now from @homeoftonejames including custom sets, so would fully endorse 
    Thanks as always man
    mgaw said:

It does appear that way, I have PB sets on this order which has likely been the hold up on this occasion. Main thing really for me is that I'm very loyal and SUCH a big fan of what he makes that I am very determined to find a great way of doing this for him, and bring them to more players attention. But doing it in a way that doesn't cause me grey hairs increasingly month by month as my stock runs low like this way does! If Gabriel is able to accommodate I am looking at changing the process to a monthly rolling stock order meaning smaller numbers but a lot more regularly, in theory, if he can accommodate it. We shall have to see I suppose.

what i dont understand is if its PB strings that are the hold up why not get a load of brass strings in? at least that way there is the option of at least having one derivative of his acoustic strings available.

Glad you are SUCH a big fan of his strings:)    they are superb, when you get some acoustic in stock woud you drop me a pm please  cheers Mark
    www.fretboardjournal.com/podcast/podcast-85-guadalupe-custom-strings

podcast with the man himself
  • mgaw said:
    mgaw said:

what i dont understand is if its PB strings that are the hold up why not get a load of brass strings in? at least that way there is the option of at least having one derivative of his acoustic strings available.

Glad you are SUCH a big fan of his strings:)    they are superb, when you get some acoustic in stock woud you drop me a pm please  cheers Mark
    Demand is one reason, and the demand for brass is minimal here unfortunately. With such a vast range of his products to offer, I have to base orders off what is popular and gradually grow those that aren't. Filter through sales patterns and order way in advance, sometimes it works out great, other times it doesn't sadly, so I apologise for that. I'm just doing the best I can buddy, I'm not big budget shop by any means, so have to build up numbers gradually and make choices that fit the sales reports and enquiries about the gts.co range that I get. 

Certainly will :)