Another DMX thread...

FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
Greetings all,

After my original DMX question (about the 4 LED PAR lights I purchased not working in master / slave mode) from a few months back, I've had to purchase another 4 different lights for my side-project. These stated they were master-slave compatible, so I ordered some new DMX cables.

Naturally, they don't work in master-slave mode. Boooo.

So, I've ordered an Obey 10 DMX controller to try and get some synchronicity between the lights. Now, my question is - is there any kind of software to help me program the lights / DMX sequences etc.? Ideally on iPad, but PC / Mac is fine too. If not, I'll just have to muddle my way through setting it up direct in the DMX controller.

It won't be anything too fancy with triggers etc., just basically to ensure the two at the front are in sync, and the two at the back of the stage are also matched.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    When you say they don't work in master/slave mode, is that becaus ethey don't have the connections or they don't work when you connect them? If it's the latter there will be some settings that need to be configured. You could set the address so they are driven by the other lights you have to make a cohesive show.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Yep, followed the Chinglish directions, and checked out guides online too:

1. Set the master light to a solid colour
    2. Turned on the slave unit, set the mode to D001(as per manual for slave mode)
    3. Connected DMX OUT of master to DMX in of slave
    4. Nothing happened

Tried all kinds of configurations - turning them on in different orders, different cables, connecting before and after powered on etc.

These are the lights - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXVKWAV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • I bought a couple of RGB LEDs bars and an obey 3 unit to control them thinking only 3 colours therefor only 3 channels needed. I was wrong. Check how many DMX channels you actually need to control just one lamp.

PS anyone want the obey3?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    Ok, just got in, set the Obey 10 up and connected to a light on dmx channel 1..... And nothing happens.

Followed the manual and YouTube guides, and nothing.

Very annoying - looks like the lights are going back....!
    Think I’ve found the issue - only one of the 4 lights works in DMX mode!

When you connect any others, the whole thing fails; if you use any but this one light, it doesn’t work. Doesn’t even register any DMX input on the light (there’s an indicator on the back).

Hopefully the other lights will work better when they arrive....