school me on timber tones...

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
I just got an email from timber tones and thought I'd check out there site to maybe order some.

I didn't expect them to have such a huge range and unless I'm being dim, very little guidance on the site about the differences between the pics.

Are they all standard size?    I'm not a fan of the tiny picks like little stubby and dunlop jazz.

(To give you an idea I currently play dunlop jazz xl or 2mm big stubby or standard dunlop picks 1mm+)

or should I just order some of the hell picks mentioned in another thread...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1265
    edited August 2013
    We've been discussing them here (including a pic of the standard Timber Tones pick). They do various shapes/sizes though.

P.s. I got that email three times!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    We've been discussing them here (including a pic of the standard Timber Tones pick). They do various shapes/sizes though.

P.s. I got that email three times!
    Thanks!    I'll have a look on that thread :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26578
    I'd say you want to try

- Timber Tones (go for lignum vitae or macassar ebony - they're the hardest-wearing of the wooden ones)
    - Stone Tones (jade/jasper/azurite etc)
    - Fusion Tones (anodised aluminium)
    - Bone Tones (buffalo horn/bone, not as gross as you'd think)

Of those, I've tried Timber Tones (very nice smooth attack, but don't exactly glide over the strings and wear out quickly - you'd probably need a £15/month pick budget at a minimum if you gig) and Bone Tones (much brighter attack, very slippery on the strings, but a very rounded tip so not so good for accuracy).

I'm going to try the Stone one next, and possibly a Fusion.

I should say that Rob's great to deal with, and always happy to talk about alternate requirements or make suggestions as to what might suit you.
    <space for hire>