Off to see CAST tonight. Not happy

What's Hot
Sold out gig, presumably most like me guitar nerds only going to see Skin, his vintage gear and playing. Today they post ‘oh skins off with Robert Plant tonight, so someone’s filling in’. Fuming. Bad form. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh dear....

How long have the Cast dates been scheduled for? I'm assuming before the dates with Plant.

• If its any consilation when I saw him with Plant his playing was absouletly fantastic, like really amazing.

No really.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh dear....

How long have the Cast dates been scheduled for? I'm assuming before the dates with Plant.

Bought tickets about 3 months ago. I see them every tour just to watch Skin, so I don’t even feel like going now. I’ve seen Him with RP and he’s genuinely one of the most interesting British guitarists of a generation. Plant gigs is his day job now, I get that, but ‘warm up date’ for the shed seven tour you would think would include him. I’ve got tix for that too, I’ll be fuming if he’s not on them either. He’s the band. 
  • If its any consilation when I saw him with Plant his playing was absouletly fantastic, like really amazing.

No really.

Were you at the Civic Hall gig @Col_Decker ?

We decided to be all posh and go for the Symphony Hall date instead.

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2017
    Yes .... kind off. I missed this tour but I saw him at the civic a couple years back. Ironically (for this thread) the opening song of the set that night was Skin noodling around on a classical guitar. 'Who's this chancer having a noodle' I thought to myself for the first 45 seconds, then he seemlessly moved into Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and my jaw hit the floor.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If I were you I would Walk Away
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    He might still have a Fine Time?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Look - There (s)he goes!
  • If I were you I would Walk Away
    It'll probably be Alright.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Follow your Guiding Star.

To be honest, as good as Skin is, him not being there wouldn't stop me from going to watch the band - I've always liked them.
  • So do they have a Cast of thousands, then?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    So do they have a Cast of thousands, then?
    Get thee to the Elbow thread!

Free Me from all these song title references! 

I'm out of this thread, think of me as History! 
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Follow your Guiding Star.

To be honest, as good as Skin is, him not being there wouldn't stop me from going to watch the band - I've always liked them.
    It just really annoyed me. Was a great gig, as expected. The guy filling in (Jay the bassist had taken over) was using a 22w supersonic and a few of skins guitars. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Hmm don't ask me any more details but.

The figure the tech earns working with him with Cast vs working with RP is unbelievably different. So if that is the same for him I can see why. Plus. Robert plant.

Still, doesn't excuse it for people like yourself with a ticket. 

@lustycourtier I've got one of his picks if you want me to mail it, pm me! I love little things like picks
  • Oh I totally get Plant is his day job so that comes first. It just annoyed me ha ha. When they first reformed 7 years ago he wasn’t a full time musician anymore and a Mountaineering instructor (from memory) so he’s done well! 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited November 2017

You're kicking up a right Sandstorm here.

I saw Cast when they were supporting Supergrass at the Hammersmith Palais on 17th May 1995. I shouted out "wanker" to John Power in between songs for some reason. I thought the singles from the first album were good but lost interest after that.