Alternative scary song thread

NeillNeill Frets: 941
I was reading something recently where Brian Wilson was talking about "scary" songs, and IIRC he mentioned the Doobie brothers "What a Fool Believes" being a really scary song.  

There are some songs/tunes that are so clever/inventive/witty/poignant that you can be scared that another human could have thought of it.  

I remember being scared in this respect by the first Kate Bush album, especially knowing that she was just 16 when a lot of those songs were written.  Similarly Johnny Lang's first album nearly made me pack in the guitar.  And just about anything by Laura Nyro makes me wonder if she is from this planet.

Anyone else been scared?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Richard
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Bugger.

I wouldn't have joined this forum if I'd known my mum was on it.
  • Boris the Spider by The Who. 
    Fucking terrifying... And quite old now. It came on when I was driving home the other day, and let me be honest I had never heard it until then... That voice still echoes in my head.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Somewhat related... I remember a cartoon from Kerrang back in the early 90s. Metal band were playing a function and the manager tells them to tone down the death metal lyrics.
    So the singer goes (something like)
    We're gonna tear off yer face
    Deposit yer innards all over the place
    (If that's ok with you)