NAD: Modulus Plexi 45 in a 1 x 12 combo - Real Mini Bluesbreaker

Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
Just finished off a 1 x 12 combo for a JTM45 Head chassis, really pleased with how this turned out, it is an 18w cab made deeper to handle the taller valves, a really nice sized gigging package with the right sort of power for smaller venues in the UK.

Photo's show a Alnico blue, which won't handle the 45, My choice would be a Cream Alnico or G12H Creamback
Fairly heavy at 26kg, that's thanks to the vintage correct spec transformers I use.

This one is shipping tomorrow

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice, tidy piping too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Nice, tidy piping too
    Thanks, it is a skill that needs coffee, Steven did the covering on this one, I just did the final assembly.
  • MartinBMartinB Frets: 187
    That's a nice looking package, and should be just right for the sort of setting where you can't get away with a half stack.  
    I had a set of 50 watt transformers off you last summer which I made into a combo of similar proportions, though my tolex and piping skills are not quite up there yet...
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    @MartinB said:
    That's a nice looking package, and should be just right for the sort of setting where you can't get away with a half stack.  
    I had a set of 50 watt transformers off you last summer which I made into a combo of similar proportions, though my tolex and piping skills are not quite up there yet...
    I am doing another cab the same size for a kit that is getting a 2204 circuit in it, a lot of guys are looking for that compact package with classic sounds, Applying tolex really well is a skill and needs the right tools/glue, I started training Steven over a year ago and I would say I have seen a big improvement in his work since about three months ago. takes practice!