Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Fractal Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Clarky said:

ask where it’s made and no one gives a straight answer. Just abuse and vague claims of USA USA 
    ask why it’s so expensive and get told, If you can’t afford it leave the forum and buy a pod you pleb.

It’s just weird and no one else would get away with it.
    I thought FAS did answer..
    chassis and minor boards made in China
    final assembly, major boards and firmware installed and tested in the USA

Yep. I didn't really make myself clear there.

I have no problem with the product, or where its made. I'd love to have one

I have no problem with the price, they can charge what they want and what people are willing to pay.

Presumably they worked out the profit margin before releasing the price.

That is why the extra charge has made people question its morality or reason.

I would check their own thread to see the reasons for the £1000 but apparently its deleted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    It's an intelligent move in my opinion.

With the Axe II a lot of that first run went on eBay for $3500. I recall a lot of sellers were also making it look like it was an officially sold unit with warranty, but there is no warranty unless you buy from Fractal.

Who is going to do that now? $3500 from some guy on eBay with no warranty, or the same price direct from Fractal with warranty? 
    They probably don't even expect to sell any. It's just a measure to stop scalpers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    DefaultM said:
    It's an intelligent move in my opinion.

With the Axe II a lot of that first run went on eBay for $3500. I recall a lot of sellers were also making it look like it was an officially sold unit with warranty, but there is no warranty unless you buy from Fractal.

Who is going to do that now? $3500 from some guy on eBay with no warranty, or the same price direct from Fractal with warranty? 
    They probably don't even expect to sell any. It's just a measure to stop scalpers.
    I never thought of that...
    it's a pretty cool idea..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Bloody typical, I bought the Naked Amp pack on Tuesday night and have had to work late last night and tonight. Can't wait to load them up.....
    @firepaulmusic @peteri ;

Did you get the 9.02 pack and are you running it on firmware 9.04?
  • I'm on 9.2 firmware, everything sounds good so far.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    edited April 2018
    Quick update from my post last week asking about commercial presets - I ordered the Glen Delaune pack at the weekend.
    Cheap enough at £12.50 to have a look at.   Although some of the sounds don’t do a lot for me there are some decent ones and I really like the way he sets them out - with mostly 3 scene and a ctrl switch to make any of those a lead with boost and delay.    I’ll have to tweak them but I’m impressed enough that I’ll get his other pack.   
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 362
    edited May 2018
    Had a play with my rock presets the other day and found that having the Boost on all the time made a great difference to how I like them to sound.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Been a bit quiet in here...!

Quantum 10.1 available on AFX III and II now - AX8 hopefully this week. Adds more amps, and the reports in so far are that it's a brilliant firmware.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    Ooh. I had assumed that was it for Axe FX 2 firmware, but I can’t update right now. I’m still really happy with my 2.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    I still keep looking at an Axe Fx3, get behind me Satan ;)
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Bloody typical, I bought the Naked Amp pack on Tuesday night and have had to work late last night and tonight. Can't wait to load them up.....
    @firepaulmusic @peteri ;

Did you get the 9.02 pack and are you running it on firmware 9.04?

Yes and Yes!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    sweepy said:
    I still keep looking at an Axe Fx3, get behind me Satan ;)
    Same here! I'll upgrade at some point, but I need to learn how to use the AX8 properly before then.... and I'll wait until the whole thing dies down a bit (and we know more about the footswitch in the UK)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited May 2018
    FarleyUK said:
    @Jonathanthomas83 has escaped to Kemper land 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm quite early (I think) on the III waiting list, bit worried about the lack of progress on the foot controllers tho
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    If/when I upgrade it will be after the III and footswitch have released and debugged. My Ultra and II were both bought secondhand from people who had decided they couldn’t cope with the complexity or were t using it enough to justify the investment.

There will also need to be a reason for change, not just that the new unit is shinier. With the Ultra I ran out of processing capacity
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    FarleyUK said:

Quantum 10.1 available on AFX III and II now - AX8 hopefully this week. Adds more amps, and the reports in so far are that it's a brilliant firmware.
    Like a lot of updates it removes some of the guff, and leaves the sound slightly clearer.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

My reason for upgrading is firstly, I like the idea of the rack a little more.

But more importantly, I want the horsepower - I can hit the limit on the AX8, so why not get in early and get the maximum use before the next version

There's a twisted logic there I can cope with ;)

DXR10 from Matt73 turned up today. Let's see if this is as good as everyone says?
    Love mine! (No pressure!)
    Well, I was floored by the authority with which this heavy little Bugger produced the tone from my AX8. Bloody great!