The Fractal Thread

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 1006
    edited September 28
    Very interesting how different we all are and we each seem to have vastly different perceptions as to what "real" sounds like. That said, I think a lot of it is down to the styles of music you're playing. I think I find cleans are easier to dial in on the Fractal than to find a good clean profile on the Kemper - I prefer the Fractal in that regard.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 1891
    I use a lot of damped picking dynamics and that really seems to sort out the modellers, the Helix was stiff and artificial with no note bloom, Axe Fx after a lot of faffing got close but the Kemper "so far" seems to react more dynamically to touch. Its still a huge work in progress and who knows where it goes and thats half the fun :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 1008
    sweepy said:
    I use a lot of damped picking dynamics and that really seems to sort out the modellers, the Helix was stiff and artificial with no note bloom, Axe Fx after a lot of faffing got close but the Kemper "so far" seems to react more dynamically to touch. Its still a huge work in progress and who knows where it goes and thats half the fun :)
    The response is what I like most about the Kemper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 1891
    Well, thats it, my AxeFx 3 is now officially up for sale !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 1006
    edited September 29
    @sweepy can't you send it back? Save a fortune.

    What happened?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 1891
    edited September 29
    Past distance selling regs expiry unless G66 are feeling charitable. i have contacted them, Spent the past week solidly playing both with a variety of guitars and the Kemper nails it every time although I will have to get a multi fx
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • sweepy said:
    Past distance selling regs expiry unless G66 are feeling charitable. Spent the past week solidly playing both with a variety of guitars and the Kemper nails it every time although I will have to get a multi fx
    30 days with g66 mate.

    I agree. But Kemper delivers everything I need FX wise too. Tap me up by PM see if I can help. Or discuss on the Kemper thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 1008
    edited September 29
    sweepy said:
    Past distance selling regs expiry unless G66 are feeling charitable. Spent the past week solidly playing both with a variety of guitars and the Kemper nails it every time although I will have to get a multi fx
    30 days with g66 mate.

    I agree. But Kemper delivers everything I need FX wise too. Tap me up by PM see if I can help. Or discuss on the Kemper thread.
    Alternatively, I am using a Fractal FX8 in conjunction with the onboard Kemper fx, and they work well together. But as Jonathan says, maybe you can get by with just the Kemper? I just like having different options to play around with, and FX8-Edit is a top-notch app for sound design work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 4006
    sweepy said:
    Past distance selling regs expiry unless G66 are feeling charitable. i have contacted them, Spent the past week solidly playing both with a variety of guitars and the Kemper nails it every time although I will have to get a multi fx
    Mate, the FX are superb on the Kemper, imho. 

    You need the footswitch to really open it up though...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 1008
    edited September 30
    sweepy said:
    Past distance selling regs expiry unless G66 are feeling charitable. i have contacted them, Spent the past week solidly playing both with a variety of guitars and the Kemper nails it every time although I will have to get a multi fx
    Mate, the FX are superb on the Kemper, imho. 

    You need the footswitch to really open it up though...
    In my case it is a lack of an editor which is the problem, although there is supposedly an official one in the works, and another fella has recently provided a functioning 3rd party solution. I also find the footswitch quite expensive for my needs, which is turning different fx on and off. At the end of the day it all depends on how you are using the gear, and workflow is always the deciding factor for me. For a gigging musician I can see a footswitch would be very useful. As I use mine mostly for recording, each fx combo goes on it's own track, and I use an expression pedal to control various parameters.

    And since this is a Fractal thread, I'll just add that the Fractal effects are very good and expand on the Kemper sound palette 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Are there any Fractal users based in the North West that would be able to give me a demo??
    My trading feedback

    is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Sign In or Register to comment.