SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

if someone sells maybe Warwick Streamer Stage 1 -5str. ??? willingly exchanged for money:}

What's Hot
xsadbassxsadbass Frets: 2
edited December 2017 in Basses £
I want to buy in good condition....offer-price-pic - please priv. thx :}
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You'll be in good condition? 
  • You have the bass to sell?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27431
    I think we have someone here who's first language isn't English, so play nicely.

And sadbass is in Poland.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony

anyone can confuse .. i'm sorry if i hurt you
    said:

thank you very much, i love you too:}

I think w
    ve someone here who's first language isn't English, so play nicely.
    e ha

• Anyone who has a 2nd language has respect from me, good luck with finding what you want. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone who has a 2nd language has respect from me, good luck with finding what you want. 
    Thank you for your understanding  :+1: 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Well, there's one here in the classifieds...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    ... but ...

1) Its owner is not willing to ship internationally. 
    2) Computerised English-to-Polish translation algorithms consistently fail to convey this aspect.

Take the following example.
    You'll be in good condition? 
    sadbass said:
    You have the bass to sell?
    Bridgehouse posts a cheeky, throwaway humorous remark in a concise, vernacular form of English. None of his humour survives the translation into Polskie. Hence, sadbass takes the translated message that he reads to be an offer of a bass guitar in good condition and replies accordingly. 

If just ten words can create that much miscommunication, imagine what havoc could be wreaked by lengthy or verbose paragraphs.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited December 2017
    @sadbass ;;

I've deleted your last two posts.  

The first will not help your efforts to buy what you want.  

The second - posting PMs in open thread - is neither expected, not accepted behaviour here.

The bottom line is that a seller can choose not to sell for any reason at all.  Arguing with them and posting PMs is unlikely to change their decision.  Accept it, move on.
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    @sadbass I spotted your ad on basschat and told funkfingers about it. Sometimes deals can’t be made. I am sure there are other Streamers out there. Have you tried the Warwick forum or Facebook groups? I think they would be your best bet.
    If this were a FS ad, all the off topic comments would have been removed.  I've applied the same principle to it as a WTB ad and deleted the "chat".

NB:
    TTony said:
    The bottom line is that a seller can choose not to sell for any reason at all.  Arguing with them and posting PMs is unlikely to change their decision.  Accept it, move on.
    Any more "chat" and the thread will be closed.
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    Well I appreciate your reply.  English is not my first language either.  But I am just going to make few points and I hope you take them the right way.

I dont know Funkfingers at all.  I dont know his real name or where he lives.  I only visit two websites on the Internet, this one here and basschat.  I saw Funkfingers was trying to sell a Streamer Stage 1 5 string and you wanted one.  I thought I was being helpful to both.
    I usually just read and dont comment much.  I have noticed the same people commenting and being part of the community here.  Funkfinger's name comes up often and he sounds like a nice guy.  You can search for his name on here and make up your own mind.

And here is the main point.  I have seen on basschat more than here that there are a lot of international buyers and sellers.  You have to remember that there are a lot of scams about (you can read posts here or on basschat) and people are wanting to be 100% sure before selling instruments.  I would be the same.

Being rude about someone (I have not seen anything from Funkfingers about you) is not going to make them want to sell their instrument to you so that is not going to help.

I suggested the Warwick forum (have you posted there) and facebook groups because I know there are some.  I know this because I am Warwick player as well.  I do have 4 Warwicks but before you ask no I am not selling any of them.

I was just trying to help pointing out that there might be other options.  It sounds to me that this is not going to work out here.  I dont know that but I would try other places as well.

I really hope it works out for you and you find a Stage 1.  I have both Stage 1 and 2 5 strings and they are fantastic basses.