Who plays in this style?

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
In the below link there's a video review of a couple of 335 type guitars. Between 2.40 mins to 3.35 mins the guy on the left playing the Gibson plays some sweet little phrases.

What I'd like to know is who plays like this? I'd like to look up some tabs to have a go at this style but don't really know what to look for and I can't work out exactly what he's doing.

video https://www.worshiptutorials.com/gear/335-shootout-eastman-t386-vs-gibson-es-335-review-and-demo/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• How about something like this.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    JM's not quite what I'm hearing. The closest I can think of is Mark knopflers intro to Brothers In Arms.
  • Try Mark Knoplers solo albums like Sailing to Philadelphia 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Sounds like simple jamming in Cmaj/Am. There's no tonal movement, the guy doing the comping is just playing "cowboy" chords anyway, and the soloist keeps to notes within the scale. I don't know what else to tell you really. Just learn where the C major notes are on the fretboard and stick to those. Or to be extra safe, stay on C major pentatonic (A minor pentatonic) and use the other C major notes (B, F) when you want to go a bit off. You really shouldn't need tabs for this.
    If you want, in the spirit of the fretboard, we can do a video call sometime and I'll show you what I mean. I won't charge you, I'm not a music teacher.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Thanks.

It's more the feel and pace of how he is playing I'm interested in. So many other players I've seen would play two or three times as many notes with bends and vibrato everywhere.

My natural pace is this sort of tempo, he just sounds better I do.
  • I have to agree with Carlos, it's pretty basic stuff and comparison with MK is a bit of a reach. Closest thing I can think of is the faux naive style of Neil Young.