Clapton @Hyde Park!

What's Hot
Just got tkts for EC next year! Great line up too GC Jr, Winwood and Santana.  Only ever seen Gary Clark Jr out of all these guys so I am a very happy boy!  
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Well done, it looks great.  Although I clicked the Amazon Tickets icon and it said EC tickets are available on Friday.  Maybe they are released in batches.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I could afford it, I’d love to go to this....
  • aord43 said:
    Well done, it looks great.  Although I clicked the Amazon Tickets icon and it said EC tickets are available on Friday.  Maybe they are released in batches.
    Presale email from British summer time Hyde park
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    I'm away otherwise would have enjoyed such a package with GC Jnr, Stevie, Carlos and Eric - 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Looks like a great line-up
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great line up especially if they all end up on stage at the end!
    tFB Trader
    Great line up especially if they all end up on stage at the end!
    I agree a great line up to entertain you for a few hours and I dare say there will be the odd guest appearance through out various sets - I'd much rather watch this line up then something like Glastonbury when maybe only 1 act you want to see that day - I could watch any 4 of these on their own but altogether is wow !
  • I agree a great line up to entertain you for a few hours and I dare say there will be the odd guest appearance through out various sets 
    Yes a bit like his crossroads festivals. Would love Derek Trucks to be in town at the same time ;)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Is it a big open field where you could be miles away, or is it set up more like an arena? Never seen Clapton, so kind of tempted. Never seen GCJr so *really* tempted.
  • quarky said:
    Is it a big open field where you could be miles away, or is it set up more like an arena? Never seen Clapton, so kind of tempted. Never seen GCJr so *really* tempted.
    Hyde Park @quarky so big open park. But it's capped off with bars and food stalls etc. Really good day out been the last few years to see The Who and kol. 
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Last time I saw Clapton and Winwood in Hyde Park the sound was sheer, total and utter shite.  Not going again.  Anyway, what if it rains?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    tFB Trader
    quarky said:
    Hyde Park @quarky so big open park. But it's capped off with bars and food stalls etc. Really good day out been the last few years to see The Who and kol. 
    It is arranged like a concert hall albeit outside, so effectively think NEC or O2 etc, with seating as well  - big monitors to view as well - Many locals/tourist just sit outside on a good day and listen, for free - not the same I know

Last time I went you could not take in your own food/drink as they wanted you to use facilities inside - not sure if this has changed or not

Generally EC has  a great band with him like Nathan East on bass, maybe Steve Gadd etc

I was a touched surprised to see him with such a gig, as there was talk about him retiring due to some 'hand muscle injury' - maybe it will be the last

I was going to go last year to see Tom Petty but decided to wait for a more UK based tour to see him in say Brum or Manchester - Oh well
  • rlw said:
    Last time I saw Clapton and Winwood in Hyde Park the sound was sheer, total and utter shite.  Not going again.  Anyway, what if it rains?
    Last time I saw Clapton in Manchester, he was shite. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • quarky said:
    Not clear how often any of us will get the opportunity to see EC in the future - so if I were you I would. There are a couple of things on YouTube from his recent US dates - and although the song choices were predictable - he seemed to be playing well.

I’m very partisan - he’s a childhood hero of mine - as I said earlier in the thread, I’d love to go.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    rlw said:
    It was 1969 so I hope I haven't put anyone off :/
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So, courtesy of a very generous relative - I’ll be there.

Actually shed a tear when I opened the present today - the best gift I’ve ever received....
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom