Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Problem with Bax-Music...very frustrating!

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
edited December 2017 in Amps

https://www.bax-shop.co.uk

Has anyone bought anything from Bax Music? I'm having a bit of a nightmare with them with my first order.

Ordered a Mesa Boogie Express+ 5/25 on 28th November as they are the best online price I can find and thought it worth savings £70 and they offered next day delivery free. Received auto emails for order confirmation, payment confirmation, invoice and a packing list very promptly. Then nothing, no shipping confirmation or tracking number after 4 days for an item they show in stock.

I have been calling the customer service team repeatedly and all I get told is that there are 2 tracking numbers on their system and neither work, they do not know what the problem is with my order, where it is and when I will receive it. Lost my rag late yesterday afternoon and asked for the order to be cancelled and money refunded to be told that they can't issue a refund until "back office" approve it.

Called again this morning to be told that there is no update and they will call the "warehouse" and then call me back...but nothing and I'm not confident I will hear back from them.

WTF?

I gather the people I speak with in some kind of office and just telesales types (not sure where based) and the warehouse and back-office are in the Netherlands.

I hope this resolves itself.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I've used them several times, including returning a couple of items and I've always found them very efficient. It sounds like you've suffered from a glitch in their computer system. I'm sure your money is safe (they're a big outfit) but how companies deal with these problems is the real test of their operation. Hope you get it sorted soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    That’s really poor. I’ve always avoided them for some reason, everything smacks of “faceless”.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    Their UK operation is at -

Basepoint Business Centre, Shearway Road, Shearway Business Park, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 4RH | UK: 020 36952176
  • Used a few times. Returned a couple of things. Never any issue.
    If the track is not working then chances are that's an issue with the Currier company and will be hard for BAX to solve.
    I can understand them not wanting to refund on goods shipped and not returned.
  • Used a few times. Returned a couple of things. Never any issue.
    If the track is not working then chances are that's an issue with the Currier company and will be hard for BAX to solve.
    I can understand them not wanting to refund on goods shipped and not returned.

They haven't sent me a tracking number, that's the point. They cannot confirm that the amp has shipped. They say they have a tracking number but "it doesn't work" but they won't share it with me.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited December 2017
    JezWynd said:
    Their UK operation is at -

Basepoint Business Centre, Shearway Road, Shearway Business Park, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 4RH | UK: 020 36952176

Yep,, that's the number I'm calling but the girl I spoke to on that number said she was in Amsterdam!

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited December 2017

Weird, under Companies House the correspondence address is:

Castle House, Castle Hill Avenue, Folkestone, Kent, England, CT20 2TQ

I hope you get sorted, nothing worse than being arsed about by shops. 
  • The customer reviews have taken a bit of a dive recently too:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bax-shop.co.uk

edited December 2017

Just had a missed call and email, now offering delivery on Tuesday or refund. Tuesday it is.

Better be worth the wait!

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    They were good when I used them. Sorry to hear your experience hasn’t been so good...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    I've just heard they've gone into liquidation this morning and the owners are on the run.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    same here, apparently one of the directors was last seen sprinting down the road with what looked like a mesa boogie amp in his hands....strong fella 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I've just heard they've gone into liquidation this morning and the owners are on the run.
    Hang on...this is a joke, right? I'm about to return a pedal
    edited December 2017
    Sassafras said:

They're dodgier that a comedian who avoids tax

• I have a friend who’s bought a fair amount through them - and has returned something as well.

He raves about how good they are - so hopefully this is an isolated incident.
  • mgaw said:
    same here, apparently one of the directors was last seen sprinting down the road with what looked like a mesa boogie amp in his hands....strong fella 

He's hand delivering it to me. I put the wind up 'em.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12646
    BAX shop was started in Holland by a guy who wanted to build his business bigger than Hans Thomann. He hasn't succeeded so far.
    Whatever that address is in Folkestone, BAX shop head office is in the Netherlands.

It sounds like the same fiddle arrangement that DV24/7 used when they were bought out by Music Store Professional in Germany. Whilst its legal, its a bit misleading...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BodBod Frets: 1286
    I used them for the first time a few months ago.  It was a complete faff and I'll never use them again.  Definitely wasn't worth the 20 quid I saved over UK retailers.  That UK address is, in my opinion, just there to fool people.
  • Bod said:
    I used them for the first time a few months ago.  It was a complete faff and I'll never use them again.  Definitely wasn't worth the 20 quid I saved over UK retailers.  That UK address is, in my opinion, just there to fool people.

They are sending another amp from stock and I have a new invoice and now at last have a courier tracking number so hopefully this will be all sorted OK, but I agree I won't be using them again.

• Three-ColourSunburstThree-ColourSunburst Frets: 1139
    edited December 2017
    I've used Bax several times over the last year without any issues at all. One reason was their price but their returns policy and so on were no more onerous than buying from Thomann in Germany or even Woodbrass here in France.

They are a Dutch company but do have country-specific 'shop windows' for each market they serve. This sort of set-up seems to becoming pretty standard in on-line retailing.  For me this was great as I was able to use an interest-free installment payment option using my French bank card, as well as the local pick-up point delivery service. (Neither of which are possible if I buy from Thomann.)

Overall, I found the overall package they offered (price, payment options, delivery) hard to beat.