RJ Ronquillo

mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
Are there any other RJ fans out there? 

I absolutely love this guys playing. He's most famous for the rootsy blues, slide, jazz and rockabilly side of things, but can also shred like a demon.

Im always blown away with hus phrasing and tone!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I came across his YT channel not so long ago (I think it was the tour video)

Good player for sure
  • A fan here! I did an interview with him on my website's blog, really nice guy. Certainly many reasons why he's grabbed some great gigs!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Yeah, he's great.

Love his demos for Eastwood. Makes me want stuff I wouldn't normally want...

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • A fan here! I did an interview with him on my website's blog, really nice guy. Certainly many reasons why he's grabbed some great gigs!
    I've read said blog and enjoyed it.

I think what i like about his playing the most is the authenticity. He really plays with passion 
  • Bucket said:
    Yeah, he's great.

Love his demos for Eastwood. Makes me want stuff I wouldn't normally want...

Great stuff. Reminds of when i saw a killer jazz player rip it up on a tele with deodato at ronnie scotts.

I was super inspired, walked into a store, picked up a tele. Oh no! It wasnt the guitar making him sound so good.