NGD - GS Mini Content (Plus Pickguard Dilemma!)

OK technically a couple of weeks late with this thread but I've been busy!

Picked this up locally to get myself back into playing acoustic, and I'm really glad I went with my instincts on not discounting the GS Mini as an only acoustic. I absolutely love it. So comfortable I could sit here all day playing it and and it sounds fuller and louder than something of it's size should.

There's a really nice warmth to the Mahogany that I think definitely compensates for some of the 'smaller' aspects of the sound in a dinky guitar.

A little clip here (excuse the terrible playing!) and only recorded DI which doesn't help much but I haven't got round to setting up the mic yet....

On to the pick guard dilemma....I like a black pick guard on a darker top and I noticed Taylor sold a black guard. Excellent. Ordered one and have been eagerly awaiting it to arrive. It came today so I spent half an hour with a hairdryer removing the old guard, only to find that the guard doesn't fit(!) it's a good bit smaller than the one it replaced....

So it's now wearing 'natural' pick guard, which offers very little in the way of....erm....guarding against the pick, but strikes me as quite handsome. I'm hoping Taylor can provide me with a black guard of correct size but if not I may even leave it like it rather than get another tort guard.... what do we think?! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don’t know what to recommend on the pickguard - but that’s lovely playing!
  • Wow... nicer tone than I'd expect from something so small - and just using the output of the ES pickup.

Nice playing too.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    You're too kind....I’ll try and remember to come back to this thread when I’ve got the mic set up
  • enjoenjo Frets: 278
    edited December 2017
    I put a black one on mine which fit fine, did you make sure you got the gs mini version? I think the faded look looks OK for now but will start to fade and then not look so good in time.

Mine:
    https://i.imgur.com/dKKZVfE.jpg

Nice playing BTW!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    enjo said:
    I put a black one on mine which fit fine, did you make sure you got the gs mini version? I think the faded look looks OK for now but will start to fade and then not look so good in time.

Mine:
    https://i.imgur.com/dKKZVfE.jpg
    Apparently the Taylor rep thinks it was the wrong guard that got packaged up in GS Mini packaging....he’s sending out a new one so hopefully it was just a freak occurrence!