say ev'rybody understands the blues
    Ev'rybody from one day to another has the blues

You take the little baby that's layin' in the cradle
    He can't get that milk bottle fast enough
    He go to kickin' an'cryin'
    An' goin' on, tearin' up the little baby bed
    He got the blues
    Can ya dig it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • p90fool said:

Oh don't talk such crap, you don't need to be a fucking sharecropper to play a musical instrument expressively. 

Listen to Jacqueline du Pre playing  Elgar's Cello concerto, she makes most 'bluesmen' sound like the bunch of hack mechanics they mostly are.

Multiple wis' for this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16942

siraxeman said:
    Fretwired said:

I like Taylor Swift and Beethoven.

Beethoven isn’t touring anymore though.
    Plenty of decent tribute orchestra's though ...
    How many no.1's did Beethoven have?? ...zackly!! Nuff said. 

Beethoven was a 'shredder' when it came to the piano - when he was young he'd challenge other musicians to a piano duel in terms of who could play the fastest/most technical. Women would faint apparently .. he earned a fortune and was very popular. All true ...
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
  • Bach apparently liked cutting contests, he would open a can of whoop ass on anyone who thought they could out sight read him. He could improvise for weeks as well.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 1685

Instead of that it’s all gone a bit Lesbians at a food bank . 
    I confess that just made tea come out of my nose.
    Self-confessed Blues Lawyer
  • DLMDLM Frets: 1823

Somebody get this guy a guitar:

https://imgur.com/gallery/ixRDl/

I wanna hear his blues.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 2996
    Bach apparently liked cutting contests, he would open a can of whoop ass on anyone who thought they could out sight read him. He could improvise for weeks as well.
    thing with Bach is [if I'm remembering this correctly]
    Toccata and Fugue in Dm is catalogued as BWV565
    essentially the 565th published work
    I think he may have been roughly 21 years old when he composed it
    so I'd imagine that he was a monster player and composer at a very young age...

another was WA Mozart
    Iirc, he was touring as a virtuoso violinist around the age of 10
    and was publishing serious works from a very young age too

so the seriously awesome kid muso thing has been around for some time
    play every note as if it were your first
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 1576
    Great playing from this kid, pretty nice tone too.  

I agree about the mentions of pushy parents.  I recently saw a video on YT of a parent who trained his child on piano from when he was a baby and the kid can identify complex chords by ear and has perfect pitch.  A great skill to have, but it's like the parent is putting the child on show, like a party trick.  
    That's what they're for. If my kids had any talent for anything other than not doing as they are told I would use them like trained seals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter