New 16 fret NK Forster Model G

What's Hot

Lots of my customers play in DADGAD, and use the capo to change key. This new 16 fret to the body model allows you to capo high and play up the dusty end. It's based on the same body shape as my guitar bouzouki.

Nigel
www.nkforsterguitars.com
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Love the cutaway. I'd like to try one someday, even though I can't play in dadgad!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Classy work as can be expected. More pics?
  • Classy work as can be expected. More pics?
    How about a video?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    don't know bout 'tuning's thing but I could see Gypsy Jazzeers going for that layout - introduce it to their forums / sites.
  • As a proud owner of two NK Forsters ( 12 fret Model C and 14 fret Model G), have to say nothing I have played comes close to Nigels work.  
    Brilliant guitars and Nigel is great to deal with.
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    As a proud owner of two NK Forsters ( 12 fret Model C and 14 fret Model G), have to say nothing I have played comes close to Nigels work.  
    Brilliant guitars and Nigel is great to deal with.
    I've had a few of Nigel's guitars - still have a SessionKing he built for me a few years ago.
    It was a Sobell built by Nigel when he was working with Stefan that set me off on this sole-luthier guitar malarky many years ago. Also pretty much stopped me playing electric.

Once you've tried one of these, the factory stuff seems very mundane.
    edited December 2017
    steveh said:

Once you've tried one of these, the factory stuff seems very mundane.
    hu ? - even the Chinese ones ?
    or what about a Yamaha fg180 -
    httpswwwbitterwalletcommediaimages201310John-Martyn1jpg
    mundane not,  iconic deffo
    it aint wat u got it's what ya do with it.
    I got a cheap far east factory thingy for plying out 'n about - I enjoy it, people seem to like what they hear and given the constraints of playing in venues, the audience would not know or hear any difference from a £400 to an £11k guitar.
    I know sitting on y'r sofa in nigh laboratory conditions - well thats a different thing.
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 228
    AliGorie said:
    the audience would not know or hear any difference from a £400 to an £11k guitar.
    That's true for sure, but I'm not interested in what anyone else thinks other than myself. 
    I've bought plenty of beaters in the past but they just don't give me the complexity and response I'm looking for in a fingerstyle instrument....especially when I'm playing in my lab. haha. 
    I'm not saying you have to spend zillions - there are plenty of fine luthiers like Nigel out there at many price points. Nigel himself makes different instruments at different price levels.
    I'm just saying that once I'd played a few guitars built by a luthier who has the time to give them the care and attention they deserve, something that's often scarce on a production line, then that was it.
    Each to his own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    love u'r Orme inspired work Nigel + u'r canny videos.