Perpetual pedal prevarication

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm on my 2nd Helix...
    Michael Fish is God
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 3475
    None for me - but there are some that I wish I hadn't sold...
    Pretty much this, although, i recenetly picked up a DopeFX Everything Zen to replace the Black Lotus i sold, the BL had more options but i only really used the EZ side of it anyways
    trust me I'm a stomach
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

The H9 just seems insanely expensive to me!
    Actually this period of H9 prevarication came after getting a Möbius (prefer it to the H9 modulation sounds), so currently have all the big box Strymon pedals and really like them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 5731
    edited December 2017
    I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    Has the riot act been read regarding beer around the board?
  • I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    Has the riot act been read regarding beer around the board?
    Very much so 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1267
    Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

What is this midi box? Can you steer me towards one? And does the MS need extensive surgery to work with it? 

Completely agree with the Timeline. I tried one 2 years ago just before I bought my last Timefactor, expecting to be wowed, but I found it really uninspiring. Not bad by a long shot, but I just couldn't hear what everyone else seems to love about it.

The Echosystem is the polar opposite. I can't find a bad sound in the thing. Just listen to this from 1:57. I ADORE that kind of sound in particular. 

• I’ve got a lot of time for the Empress stuff. Loved my super Delay. The Moog is hands down the best Delay there is which is why it went, but the SD was great as the cover-all work horse that still managed to please. I’d still be interested in an echo system but for the fact that I have the Polymoon now too. That, the H9 and the Moog really does cover me for Delay. 
  • I’ve got a lot of time for the Empress stuff. Loved my super Delay. The Moog is hands down the best Delay there is which is why it went, but the SD was great as the cover-all work horse that still managed to please. I’d still be interested in an echo system but for the fact that I have the Polymoon now too. That, the H9 and the Moog really does cover me for Delay. 
    I've stuck with the Timeline because I really like the user interface layout and I love the sounds. Stacking it with a Red Panda Particle can yield some great results. Really do like the Echosystem, though.
  • Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

Having owned both you can really, really tell the difference between the h9 and the m5
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 1461
    Lots of M5,M9,M13 Now weaned myself off all Line6 products....And the Strymon Flint seems to make a regular appearance on my board :s
  • it's not just pedals ! I've bought new, sold and then bought back the same Flint, a 2007 telecaster and and old DSL 201 combo :-) bought another used EP Booster after selling my original... embarrassing  all the gear I've bought and moved on (KoT, Cruiser, ts808, Angry Charlie, memory boy, timeline, etc etc, victory v40, Badcat black cat, zilla cabs x 2)

Essentially I blame That Pedal Show and the rest of the YouTube stuff - I'm very easily influenced by listening to other people play other styles of music well, and then thinking I want to do that too. But I plugged my les paul into my old jcm 800 the other day and realised that is really all I want, (with a splash of delay, chorus and fuzz once in a while) and all I'm any good at.

Kind of realised now that I need to spend far more time playing and less time watching internet demos, and I suspect this gear turnover problem will sort itself :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 913
    Have never bought the same pedal more than once (other than to own two of it)
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• JotaJota Frets: 55
    Only my Keeley Fuzz Head.
    Sold it to try other fuzzes but kept missing it so, about an year later the guy I sold it to wanted to get rid of it and I bought it back.