Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Marshall amps ceasing UK production (according to Dave Friedman,,,,)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    RiftAmps said:
    The last I heard was that Marshall had just renewed the leases on the wave soldering machines.
    That would certainly confirm that they're going to be making at least some amps in the UK. The question will be which ones.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    I've just phoned Marshall, this is not true, they are definitely manufacturing in the UK. There will be new stuff at NAMM that will also be made here. They were aware of the claims, which is why I suspect it has been edited. Hope that clears it up :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    ICBM said:
    RiftAmps said:
    The last I heard was that Marshall had just renewed the leases on the wave soldering machines.
    That would certainly confirm that they're going to be making at least some amps in the UK. The question will be which ones.
    My guess is ones with PCB's in.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    FX_Munkee said:
    ICBM said:
    RiftAmps said:
    My guess is ones with PCB's in.
    :)

Yes, but the question is whether the JVMs and the vintage reissues will stay UK-made. It appears that at least one of them will...

What I heard was actually to do with whether the hand-wired ones would - apparently getting people who can do that sort of assembly in the UK isn't that easy now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    So it was Dave Friedman talking out of his arse then. Thanks @Jason for confirming. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    @nick79 no worries, I’ve got some good pals at Marshall, so it was easy to ask. 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • It's not the first time I've heard this, it always takes hold as it is believable like all the best fake news..... 
  • Marshall should launch a good “modded” range.

hand made

point to point Marshall with a Jose mod. Or something along those lines. Price Friedman out with the crazy import tax.
  • Marshall should launch a good “modded” range.

hand made

point to point Marshall with a Jose mod. Or something along those lines. Price Friedman out with the crazy import tax.
    Yeah, especially now that Friedman are closing down so Dave can become a missionary in North Korea, Marshall could really clean up!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was wondering why the DSL5c has been discontinued from many sites, quite fancied getting one.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Was wondering why the DSL5c has been discontinued from many sites, quite fancied getting one.

There's a whole new revamped DSL range coming out.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Plectrum said:
    Was wondering why the DSL5c has been discontinued from many sites, quite fancied getting one.

Oh really? Well I'll just hang on then, and hope they do another 5 watt version for the bedroom!
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Plectrum said:

Oh really? Well I'll just hang on then, and hope they do another 5 watt version for the bedroom!

From what Thomann accidentally leaked on their web site there will be a new 5 watt combo.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Plectrum said:
    Plectrum said:

From what Thomann accidentally leaked on their web site there will be a new 5 watt combo.
    That's cool, I hope its as good if not better than the DSL5c, I do like a proper valve amp even if it is a 5 watt.