Anyone aware of Tina S?

What's Hot
A mate just emailed me this youtube link https://youtu.be/o6rBK0BqL2w

she's amazing!

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah bro she's great, very accomplished.  
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4670
    edited December 2017
    She's cute looking, she plays fast but has totally misunderstood the point of the Moonlight Sonata by doing this to it.  This is as pointless as playing the Flight of the Bumblebee at 1/16 speed as it destroys the meaning.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not interested in how cute she looks. I just liked the playing, and the guy who arranged this music must take the blame if you don't like the arrangement. I do.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Noise. Just noise
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Soulless mechanical noise 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited December 2017
    I quite like this.  Very Yngwie! 

BTW - I never really understood the term "soulless" if we're being spiritual everyone has a soul and she didn't just pick the guitar and pulled this off, she obviously spent time, effort and part of her life in to perfecting this so part of her soul is within this performance.  
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901
    I didn't think this was your kind of thing, Phil, and it certainly isn't mine...

There didn't seem to be much passion in her performance, and I didn't like the sound - too much distortion.

Sorry, mate, not for me  :/

• @Nitefly its one of the many things I like. maybe I need to be in the mood for it, but there are times when I'm as happy with this stuff as when BB King played just one note ...

@Jez6345789 the soul is in the music per se not just the articulation. I'm not a huge Beethoven fan (I prefer music from an earlier period), but I do recognise soul in his music. Even when it's been arranged in a manner that he could not have dreamed of, given the instrument technology of his day