Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Darkness - Tour de Prance

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
edited December 2017 in Music
Accepting the risk of starting a thread about these guys.. I just got tickets to see them in Brooklyn in April. I haven't seen them live since the Christmas at the NEC which must have been 2004, I think. I am rather excited, and somewhat tempted to get a tshirt that says "I'm from Norfolk and have travelled 6,900 miles to see the Darkness"... 

We'll be finishing the same trip 2 weeks later with the Foo Fighters in Nashville. It's going to be a good holiday...

Anyone else seen them on this tour?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I wanted to go and see them tonight in London but they were sold out. 

I bet they are a decent live act. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven’t seen them live in a while but they were always a great show and played fantastically well (unlike a band who couldn’t get their shit together for a long long time but shall remain nameless in fear of reprisals and thread de-railing). :)

Sounds like you are going to have one hell of a holiday!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    Haven’t seen them live in a while but they were always a great show and played fantastically well (unlike a band who couldn’t get their shit together for a long long time but shall remain nameless in fear of reprisals and thread de-railing).

Sounds like you are going to have one hell of a holiday!
    You mean Guns N' Roses, a band who saved Rock?

F' The Darkness, UK's Answer to Guns N' Roses my foot!

Why can't one of them get arrested for being a nonce or something?
    Do we really need The Darkness though?

All they do on interview is compare themselves to GN'R and not even GN'R want to hear it/be seen with them.

The Darkness were 30 years too late, so sold their music to has beens and losers still looking for a slice of 1987 in the 2000s.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    Though, while people were listening to The Darkness, I was keeping things real with Guns N' Roses and Nirvana records from back in the day smile 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tour De Prance...

What kind of silly name is that?

The Darkness are a joke.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @LesbianWithAGun  you really are the angriest person I’ve encountered in a long long time. You just seem driven by jealousy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @LesbianWithAGun  you really are the angriest person I’ve encountered in a long long time. You just seem driven by jealousy. 
    Angry yes, jealous no.

It's offensive to see people sold The Darkness when their look was stale just because people like older bands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I hear the Darkness have a signature Tuner coming out.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3199
    edited December 2017
    Though, while people were listening to The Darkness, I was keeping things real with Guns N' Roses and Nirvana records from back in the day smile 

How and why are your listening habits relevant?

The op is going to a gig that he is looking forward to, I commented on the fact that said band are always entertaining and that I hope he has a wicked holiday. Which is really what you should be doing here if you were observing rule one, being polite and not derailing yet another thread.

I of course alluded to the fact that this is unlike your favourite band, who as we have been reliably and forcefully reminded of at every possible turn for the last few weeks are the greatest thing since marmite, despite by their own admission having had several tours that were pretty shoddy.

Yes the Darkness are a joke, they were always a parody of the excesses of 80s Rock but they are also solid musicians and good fun live. If the op wants to have a good time on a night out, surely you should let him?

Be a gent and wish the op a happy holiday and be done with it dude.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    Tour De Prance is a genius name for the tour
    A friend saw them in Brum last night they were great fun.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.
    Why don’t you start you own hate thread then instead of crashing this one?

P.s. Oh, I see, you have. That went well.

P.p.s. You’re a joke

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22769
    Accepting the risk of starting a thread about these guys...
    Whoops.  Maybe you should've put the thread title in some kind of code.
  • Oh god what have I done... 

FWIW I saw them 3 times in their original rise to fame. Every show was fantastic. 

Glastonbury 2003 - opening band on the Pyramid Stage. No-one else quite knew what they were in for but they were the one thing everyone was talking about all weekend. 

Then at Reading the same year, just after the album came out. HUGE crowd for a Friday afternoon slot.

And the aforementioned NEC gig. Me and a mate were front row. This was just as the coke was starting to bite and it was becoming obvious that they were headlining shows they didn't quite have enough material for. But they still played magnificently. And Ash supported, which was ace.  In the encore, Justin rode over the crowd on a flying white tiger. This is but one way I'm 100% sure that they *definitely* know they're joking...

I suspect this tour will be a little lower-budget, but no less fun. 

As I say... Magnificent. 

http://cdn.chud.com/d/d4/d48346b7_JustinHawkins.jpeg

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22769
    The Darkness were 30 years too late, so sold their music to has beens and losers still looking for a slice of 1987 in the 2000s.
    That's only 20 years.  Were they aiming for 1977 but ended up in 1987, like an off-course Tardis? 
  • Philly_Q said:
    Accepting the risk of starting a thread about these guys...
    Whoops.  Maybe you should've put the thread title in some kind of code.
    Where would the fun be in that? :D 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peglegpetepeglegpete Frets: 133
    edited December 2017

Yeah... but... slash is a bit shit no?  

And

none of the darkness sold out in the same way that kurt cobain did with teen spirit... I mean... it had a f&£king solo in it forchristsakes!!!!!

Yeah... but... slash is a bit shit no?  

And

none of the darkness sold out in the same way that kurt cobain did with teen spirit... I mean... it had a f&£king solo in it forchristsakes!!!!!

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh god what have I done... 
    Oh dear...you didn’t get the memo did you? 

Yeah you’re not allowed your own taste in music any more.
    Probably best to just cancel the holiday buddy and we’ll say no more about it.
  • peglegpetepeglegpete Frets: 133
    edited December 2017
    Tour De Prance...

The Darkness are a joke.
    Tbh, I can’t explain all the feelings that you’re making me feel!...

Theres  a lot of anger here...

at at the end of the day, I believe in a thing called love!... you should just listen to the rhythm of my heart!...

if we stop all the anger and hate on this thread, there’s a chance we could make it now and we’ll be rocking till the sun goes down!...

when all is said and done, you’ve got me in a spin but everything is A.OK!...

peace out.

Pete x x x
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom