Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    @steamabacus & @Branshen - just in case you're interested, I spent an hour or two searching on the web re the Rothwell Love Squeeze and TC Hypergravity compressors. I think it has got to be the Rothwell for me - the TC has more knobs, plus software to play with, but apparently a few issues also, if one searches past the wave of new-release hype TC produce. For e.g. people reporting that although noise is low, it's no quieter than the best analogue pedals, latency issues when turning the controls, a few software glitches noted in one review, the vintage mode is felt by some to be not a good emulation of a classic style compressor, and just too overdone and dark-sounding. Some users feel it does colour the treble frequencies a bit. That said, I'm sure it's very good, but the Rothwell gets the highest praise for it's transparency and ultra-low noise - I already have a clean tone I really like, so the Rothwell seems the best bet for not messing with that, and just adding sustain and evening things up a bit when required. And very useful in front of overdrive as well, going by their demo, which is a bonus for me. Plus I can keep my Cleggy pedal for any time I might actually want the more squishy obvious type of Ross/Dynacomp compression, as it does cover that well.

Cheers for putting in your comments anyhow chaps - things like that do make a useful difference for someone like me, who's fairly green about choosing kit like this. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Megii

There is always the option of searching out a decent Love Squeeze clone - the circuit is well known in DIY pedalnerd land, I understand. Of course there's no guarantee that a clone will be as quiet as the Rothwell.

On the subject of noise levels, the Rothwell managed to destroy the notion I had in my head that surface mount construction was inherently noisier and sonically compromising. It's probably just that the SMD pedals I had up until then were budget pedals. I was very surprised when I opened up the Love Squeeze and saw all the tiny components.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    @Megii

There is always the option of searching out a decent Love Squeeze clone - the circuit is well known in DIY pedalnerd land, I understand. Of course there's no guarantee that a clone will be as quiet as the Rothwell.

On the subject of noise levels, the Rothwell managed to destroy the notion I had in my head that surface mount construction was inherently noisier and sonically compromising. It's probably just that the SMD pedals I had up until then were budget pedals. I was very surprised when I opened up the Love Squeeze and saw all the tiny components.
    Cheers @steamabacus - should a well-made clone show up for sale, I would be tempted, but strangely, and inconsistently (since my pedalboard is already well stocked with clones) I quite like the idea of finding the dosh for the Rothwell, and supporting a British company. Somehow, instinct tells me the compressor is an area where penny-pinching isn't a good idea. Interesting what you say re SM construction - I never even considered that tbh, but I have to admit I am actually very impressed with the two Chinese-made drive pedal clones I've got. Can't say I've compared them against the real thing, but just going on the tone, they seem bloody good to me (actually better than the Youtube demos I watched would suggest).
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    edited November 2015

The Latest Incarnation 

Signal Chain;

Bright Onion Patch Box > Pulp n peel > Box of Rock > TS808 > Bit Commander > Sick As > Volume (TU2 on tuner out) > El Cap + fav Switch) > Kilobyte > Descent (Stereo out) > L Channel Ditto > Patch under my board & Right channel straight from the Descent into the patch box. 

The Mt2 and Micro Amp are just filling space to be honest. I will take the micro amp of soon when I get my pitch fork. 

The metal zone is staying on for as long as possible as people often look at it and go 'do you really use that?' 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    @therose789 that is one BOUTIQUE board. 
  • @therose789 that is one BOUTIQUE board. 
    I like what I like :D 
  • @therose789 I cannot look at it due to all the wonky allignment! makes my head want to explode.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavHaus said:
    @therose789 I cannot look at it due to all the wonky allignment! makes my head want to explode.
    I know, im normally a sucker for it but I was in a rush putting it back together and didnt have time. I will straighten it up tonight at rehearsal and re take a photo for you.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    @smudge_lad nice board, how do you use your FB-2 .. do you use the feedback mode or just as a boost?
  • Got the mini-board up and running, although the BitQuest will probably go on the Big Board and the Hustle Drive will be replaced by a home made Rat.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegas said:
    @smudge_lad nice board, how do you use your FB-2 .. do you use the feedback mode or just as a boost?
    Currently set up for just a slight mid-boost for the odd phrase where I need to stick out a wee bit from the mix. Really need to work on using the feedback option. In some songs though, great effect!

• "finally completed".

Oh dear. I blame you lot.

nice MDF
  • the difference between that board and what I have now is laughable, and in such a short space of time!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the difference between that board and what I have now is laughable, and in such a short space of time!
    how long are we talking?
  • 18 months
    strong work!
    before and after pic please :)

Oh and a nice list about what replaced what.

Let's be comprehensive here!!